• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Grid 1755 486SLC - SET1755.COM ?

smp

Veteran Member
Hi,

I've been browsing around for a 486 laptop for a while, and I managed to score this Grid 1755 486SLC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121865679283?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I struggled a bit with where to post this request - I could have posted in Portables of course, but also Tandy as they were the owners of Grid at the time this machine was made.

I've been looking around for supporting documentation because I believe the user manual that I'm getting is not an exact match to the laptop. However, I am not finding very much out there.

I found that in order to request that the machine boot from the floppy disk, one should hold down the "F" key after the initial system beep. Can anyone confirm this for me?

I also see many references to needing the file SET1755.COM, but AST seems to be long gone and Tandy/Radio Shack no longer has the file available. I can find the support site that lists it, but when I click on it, I get the message that the content has been removed and is no longer available. Does anyone have a pointer to where I can acquire this file?

I also found references to the files: TEMM1755.COM, POWR1755.COM and DIAG1755.COM. Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much, in advance, for your thoughts.

smp

Last edited:
Take a look here. Looks like an archive of AST/Grid software

Excellent! Thank you *very* much!

I was able to get the original file that I am concerned about: SET1755.COM. The others were not there, but this should put me in a good position to be able to twiddle the CMOS settings, as long as I can get the machine to boot from the floppy drive.

Thanks again. This is a great relief.

smp

Last edited:
Back