• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS-80 Model 4P on Ebay. Very interesting description...

That explains why CRTs are so heavy!

Edit: ..since they're filled with liquid crystals.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they got that wrong. LCD (or "normal") monitors are liquid crystals. That's what LCD stands for: Liquid Crystal Display. CRTs are heavy because the system required to make the Cathode Ray Tubes display images is huge and heavy. For more information, check out Wikipedia.

Is 150$ a good price for these? Seems a bit expensive in my opinion... Then again it is the very rare LCD version ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure they got that wrong. LCD (or "normal") monitors are liquid crystals. That's what LCD stands for: Liquid Crystal Display. CRTs are heavy because the system required to make the Cathode Ray Tubes display images is huge and heavy. For more information, check out Wikipedia.

If you look further down, it has an 80C85 processor, 32k ROM... they used the Model 100 specs instead of the 4P specs.

Processor: 8-bit Intel 80C85, CMOS, 2.4 MHz
Memory: 32 kB ROM, 8, 16, 24, or 32kB static RAM. Machines with less than 32 kB can be expanded in 8 kB increments of plug-in static RAM modules.
Display: 8 lines, 40 characters LCD with 240 by 64 pixel addressable graphics. The screen is reflective, not backlit.
Keyboard: 56 keys, 8 programmable function keys, and 4 dedicated command keys

Back