• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

OE .dbx recovery

Janowski

We have a client who has been using Outlook Express for their business email accounts, recently the "Sent" items DB became corrupt and we have tried everything that we can think of to recover the data. We have used close to 15 different tools to attempt a recovery including purchasing DBXpress, sadly every tool we have tried is only able to recover emails prior to 2006 and nothing newer.

Are there any company's out there that will work with the .dbx file itself and perform a repair/recovery on the data?

Has the user emptied her recycle bin since this occurred?
Just a remote chance that the corruption occurred during a routine compacting process. The DBX files are deleted to the recycle bin with the *.BAK extension and sometimes provide the means to restore a DBX file that has gone bad.

I would suggest that in the meantime the user creates a brand new folder and moves all new incoming emails into it to keep the "Sent Items (1).dbx" empty for now.

412 MB isn't large for a DBX file. At least not large enough to be anywhere near the file size where DBX files can begin to cause problems. I suspect that it won't unpack any more *.eml files than you have already been able to see in the corrupt original "Sent Items.dbx", but it's worth trying anyway. If you have no opportunity to do recovering files that way, then I can advise to try to take OE-Mail Recovery and restore file using this tool and think you will be able to save your base. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/outlook-express-recovery.html

Back