• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple Dos-Card

Hi, is this the one marked Apple computer 1997 820-0930-A with a PCI bus connector?

I have one with the expansion cable, 26 way hi-density D to 15 way plug and socket, doesn't look like the cables on ebay with 4 connectors.

Can't test, not been used since 1997 and wasn't very successful then. Did have the manual but can't find it.

http://pccardfaq.com
Could be the Pentium166 one. My XLS is not completely checked, there could be some issues in it.

I looked for the old one DX2/66 witch is LC-PDS? But the PCI one is also interesting, but I don't
know what "issues" this card has. Does the Card have Sound onboard, what about external cables?
Do I need external cables?

Thx
Doc

Attachments

• Macintosh-PC.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
Which Macintosh? The DOS card recommendation will vary depending on the model.

I have an Orange Micro OrangePC 620 card in my 7300, which I upgraded to a 400MHz K6-II. It runs Windows 95 and Windows 98SE and needs no breakout cable. I'd recommend pretty much any Orange Micro DOS card with the exception of the PCfx!, which was rather gimped compared to the 660 which preceded it.

Thx! I already have lot's of "fast" and "slow" PC's. But I have no 386/486. Therefore the "best" card would be the one for the 6100! (Dx2/66)

I am sure my one is the P166, lots of pins.

Comes with the cable, one 15 way D socket has an Apple logo next to it, network I presume. The other socket splits to a 15 way D plug, monitor, and 15 way D socket with the Apple logo. There are also 2 sound cable cables, 3 wires in a 4 pin socket.

Hi, the Apple DOS card is 25GBP, it should pack within 1kg so standard international post is £10, signed for is £15.

Note, still no user manual.

Hi woodchips, according to the infos I got recently these are the possibilities:

1. Transfer via IBAN/BIC in Euros to England. The money is converted by your bank. You get GBP on your account. Costs for me about 1 Euro. Risk= We do not know the converting-price!
2. Transfer via TIPANET in GBP is not possible.
3. Transfer via SWIFT in GBP to England. Costs for me >30 Euros.

Version 2+3 do not match. I can check the expected converting-price and transfer with a little buffer. OK?

Greetings
Doc

PS: Can't sent you this message via PN because your PN-Box is full :)

Thx! I could not test it yet, because currently I have suitable machine yet... but I am working on that :)
I got a 6100/66 with the 486/66 DosCard today...this is first... I am thinking about the best machine for your card.
I also have a G3/400 Upgarde-Card that fits in a 7300/7500/7600, perhaps I should go for this kind of machine...

I'll tell you when I tested the card. The card itself is in a very good condition so I am very sure that it works.

Greetings
Doc

Edit: whoops, didn't see this thread continue on the second page.

If anyone else is looking I have the PCI (without RAM) for 6100 series PowerMac, I believe it's a 486 DX2 66/33 MHz.

Is it complete (the card with cables/software)? Do you want to sell it?
Can you take a photo of it?
How much will it be including shipping-costs to germany?

Thx!

Aditional informations about the DX2/66 card for the PPC-6100.

I have one, but it does not work in my PPC-6100. After 2-3 minutes it freezes. Resetting results in a black-screen or an error code "022" whatever that means.
If I put this card in my Quadra 700 it runs fine without any problems. I think it is a thermal issue in my PPC-6100 because PPC-Cpu and DX2/66 are really nearby and the dx2/66 card is perhaps overheating?
I will go for another Card to see if it has the same issue.

I REALLY like the Dos-Card that is meant for the PPC-6100 using in my Quadra 700 because the Quadra seems to be by far the better machine. For a PPC the 6100/66 is slow. The Quadra700 as an 68k is nearby top-level with it's 68040/25.

What I really need is the special adapter to mount the Dos-Card in my Quadra700. I think it's nearly unpossible to get it, but if I do not ask for it, nobody will offer me one:)

https://web.archive.org/web/2007070...ges.comcast.net/gionpeters/hhhh/44special.htm

Attachments

• twoDOS.jpg
    twoDOS.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It should also be possible to use a NUBUS-PC-Card in my Quadra700. Does anyone have a OrangePC 340 for sale?

OrangePC Series 300
Model 340: NuBus interface; Up to 64MB of RAM, 1MB upgradeable to 2MB video DRAM for SuperVGA; 256K of level 2 cache

Hardware Features:
168 Pin socket for Intel 486 or 5x86 compatible processors
Supports user selectable; 3.3 or 5 volts; 486DX2; DX4; Cyrix 5x86
RAM Specifications: 72 Pin SIMM, 70ns , 32 or 36-bit wide. Configurations allow any combination of 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32MB SIMMS

Display Graphics:
SuperVGA on any Macintosh compatible Multi-Scan or Multi-Sync monitor
Supports 640x480 in 16, 256, 32K, 64K and 16M* colors
Supports 800x600 in 16, 256, 32K, 64K* and 16M*colors
Supports 1024x768 in 16, 256, 32K* and 64K* colors
Supports 1280x1024 in 16 and 256* colors

Cache Memory:
256K 20ns of high speed memory greatly enhances processing speed of all performance processors

Software Drivers Supported:
AutoCAD, VersaCAD, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, VESA BIOS Extension

Sound Support:
16-bit Sound Blaster compatible
Multi-Port cable:

PC compatible game port
Two 16550 UART compatible serial ports for use with printer, plotter or modem
One bi-directional ECP/SPP parallel port for use with printer, plotter or hardware protection key (dongles)
One stereo sound-out jack, one stereo input jack for sound-in or microphone
Software Features:

Runs PC/AT 386 and 486 compatible software with full SuperVGA graphics
Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 compatible.
Use Macintosh or PC SCSI devices connected to Macintosh, like SyQuest(TM) drive
Supports Advanced SCSI Programming Interface (ASPI) to access the Mac SCSI bus
Use Macintosh SuperDrive as drive A: Read and write to either Macintosh or MS-DOS floppy disks in SuperDrive
Use Macintosh hard disk to emulate hard drives C: and D:
Shared clipboard between Macintosh and Windows environments
Files can be accessed by both Macintosh and DOS environments
Read Macintosh or PC type CD-ROM disks from Mac CD-ROM drive
True dual processing; both Mac and DOS or Windows can run programs simultaneously
Supports Open Data-Link Interface (ODI) for PC networking and TCP/IP. Uses Macintosh built-in Ethernet or Token Ring cards

Hardware/Software Requirements
Any NuBus based Macintosh(TM) or Macintosh compatible computer with at least one available full sized 13" NuBus slot
2MB of Macintosh RAM (OrangePC application uses less than 768K)
Apple FDHD and hard disk
Extended keyboard is preferred

Attachments

• opc300.jpg
    opc300.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
Is it complete (the card with cables/software)? Do you want to sell it?
Can you take a photo of it?
How much will it be including shipping-costs to germany?

Thx!

Hi Dr. Zeissler,
It has no software, no thumb/case screws (to fasten to back panel). It includes the two cables.
I can send it for €25 shipped. If you're still interested I can post a photograph.

Thanks

In case he doesn't want/need it, I'd take the card. I have one, but it's completely loose (no cables, no PDS adapter) and probably doesn't even work.

Back