• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mac Performa 6300CD

curtis

Veteran Member
Another estate sale rescue.

Comes complete with monitor, keyboard, mouse and system unit(DUH!).

Boots right up.

FYI, system specs are as follows:

[FONT=&quot]Processor Speed: 100MHz[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor Type: PowerPC 603e[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAM Type: 72-pin SIMM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard RAM: 16 MB (what this machine has installed)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maximum RAM: 64MB 2 slots available[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard VRAM: 1MB Video integrated[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]1.2GB hard drive[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]4X CD-ROM

Asking $25 + shipping
[/FONT]

Also, given that the display is CRT and EXTREMELY heavy, if you don't want the monitor, I'm game. The computer itself isn't exactly light either!

Pictures coming later.

Another estate sale rescue.

Comes complete with monitor, keyboard, mouse and system unit(DUH!).

Boots right up.

FYI, system specs are as follows:

[FONT=&quot]Processor Speed: 100MHz[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor Type: PowerPC 603e[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAM Type: 72-pin SIMM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard RAM: 16 MB (what this machine has installed)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maximum RAM: 64MB 2 slots available[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard VRAM: 1MB Video integrated[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]1.2GB hard drive[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]4X CD-ROM

Asking $25 + shipping
[/FONT]

Also, given that the display is CRT and EXTREMELY heavy, if you don't want the monitor, I'm game. The computer itself isn't exactly light either!

Pictures coming later.

Intrested possibly. About how much would shipping be without the monitor roughly? (assuming this can be used with any VGA monitor.)

Okay, got the pics.

BTW, the monitor is the DB-15 as mentioned by ClassicHasClass, not standard vga. However, it is multisync 15"!

Couple of details:
1. Tag on front of computer is starting to peel. Easily fixed with a little silicone.
2. Monitor "flip" panel on front has broken off. May be able to fix.

Attachments

• monitor-1.jpg
    monitor-1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1
  • monitor-2.JPG
    monitor-2.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 1
  • performa1.jpg
    performa1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
  • performa-back.jpg
    performa-back.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
  • performat-tag.jpg
    performat-tag.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
I would be extremely interested if you can tell me the shipping price (with and without the monitor) to 14810. Thanks in advance!

Computer, keyboard and mouse have been reserved, leaving the monitor.

Anyone need it? I'll really make you a deal on it!

I do have a mac or two that I need to test, when I get around to it, so I could probably use the monitor. Plus, you wouldn't have to ship it as I'd just pick it up when I'm in town (next week, unless SWMBO decides we have to go there today).

Holler at me & we'll figure something out.

To anyone considering the 6300CD, just note that it is a "Road Apple" (IE: compromised design). The 6300CD is basically a 32 bit 68040 Quadra 630 motherboard with a 64 bit PowerPC 603 glued and duct-taped on it, which caused a lot of horrific problems. I had a 6320CD (which uses the same design, just with a faster 120 MHz 603) and it was one of the worst Macs I ever owned. Thankfully it self destructed years ago and I don't have to deal with it anymore.

http://lowendmac.com/1997/performa-and-power-mac-x200-issues/

You really don't want to use anything less than Mac OS 8.1 because the machine will be very unstable. While it can run 7.5.x, I don't recommend it. It will run Mac OS 9, but I also don't recommend that because it runs dog slow. 8.1 or 8.6 are the only versions that really run decently on it.

The best upgrade for the 6300/6320CD is pulling the motherboard and installing a Performa 6360CD or 6400/180 motherboard. A faster 6400 or 6500 may also work if the power supply can handle the extra power draw.

Back