• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Compaq items

sysmgr

I have the following items available

Compaq Deskpro 386 + 16 MB RAM + HDD + NIC + Manuals
Compaq Aero (2off) + PSUs + Cables

Located in the UK postcode area GU34

Thanks

Hi, I may be interested in the Deskpro 386. Do yo have any pictures?

Thanks

Andrew

I am interested in one (or both) of the Aeros. Are they working?

Thank-you.

Well one of them is and is has the full compliment of 12Mb RAM, I think they are both 4/33C models so you have a whole 486SX CPU!

Battery doesn't hold a charge any more (which is a shame) and there in one dead pixel. Other then that it looks good to go (just slowly!)

Looks like I installed and set it up in Feb 1995! You wont believe what it is running...

Well one of them is and is has the full compliment of 12Mb RAM, I think they are both 4/33C models so you have a whole 486SX CPU!

Battery doesn't hold a charge any more (which is a shame) and there in one dead pixel. Other then that it looks good to go (just slowly!)

Looks like I installed and set it up in Feb 1995! You wont believe what it is running...

Second one also works and is also a 4/33C with 12MB RAM seems to have Windows 95 installled, I was also wrong about the battery, I accidently discovered that it does hold a charge, but not for very long, though it is getting better!

There are 3 PSUs a docking station. manuals, cables, 2 floppy drives carry cases, a 3COM PCMCIA NIC/modem, an adaptec PCMCIA SCSI card, a panasonic SCSI card of some sort, a DELL PCMCIA NIC

CMOS batteries are both dead

Last edited:
Apologies I can find the user guide and manual and what I think are the original MSDOS install media (unopened) if you are interested in those but I can't find the Deskpro 386 itself !!!

I did find a Prolena 4/50s base unit instead.

Very puzzled by the disappearance of the Deskpro, it isn't that long since I last used it (it had a combination 5.25 / 3.5" FFDD and I was backing up some old floppies just before I moved house).

Your frendly local system manager....

Last edited:
Very puzzled by the disappearance of the Deskpro, it isn't that long since I last used it (it had a combination 5.25 / 3.5" FFDD and I was backing up some old floppies just before I moved house).

Ive been looking for an EISA bus minitower on and off for a year now:-( I know its somewhere.

Is the Deskpro 386 the original one? black front with 16MHz (I think) CPU? Dont want you to go hunting for it if its one of the later ones, for me to then say sorry i'm not interested.

Andrew

Ive been looking for an EISA bus minitower on and off for a year now:-( I know its somewhere.

Is the Deskpro 386 the original one? black front with 16MHz (I think) CPU? Dont want you to go hunting for it if its one of the later ones, for me to then say sorry i'm not interested.

Andrew

LOL Glad to know I'm not the only one!

It isn't he sort with a black front panel - think it was 25Mhz (which used to be a big deal!)

Back