• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Warehouse TRS-80 Model III find...

rittwage

Veteran Member
Had an nice pick-up earlier this week.

TRS-80 Model III (well-used by the look of the wrist-rest wear) and a giant (I mean huge) TRS-80 printer...

As you can see from the pic, the TRS-80 fired right up after over 30 years of slumber. The pots on the side were seized, as they always seem to be on these. A little WD-40 fixed that up.

trs80-1.jpg

On to the disk drives... They appeared to work at first. It booted an ancient floppy disk with a BASIC Amortization program on it left in the drive 30 years ago. However, the disk was "stuck" in the drive. I figured part of the hub lifter mechanism was broken, but it seemed in order. See picture 2.. I have never seen this problem before. The bottom hub is actually sort of swollen and cracked. The metal looks fatigued somehow? This is Georgia, so it sat in a humid warehouse that was probably 150 degrees in the summer for years, but this is a first for me. I can't fix that!

trs80-2.jpg

I replaced it with a 3.5" drive... The second drive is fine with a new belt and some cleaning.

I didn't take pictures of the giant printer... It's still in the back of my car. Not sure I can risk the real estate on that one.

-Pete

Last edited:
Back