• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS-80 Model 1 for sale - Denver, CO

dafivehole

Veteran Member
I don't know a lot about these TRS-80 machines...

Comes with the monitor, keyboard and expansion interface. Powers on but that's as far as I can get. Without a disk drive to connect, the screen you see is correct. If you hit the BREAK key, it goes to a DOS prompt. Asking $100 firm. LOCAL pick-up only (Greater Denver area).

Thank you,
Roger

View attachment 31008View attachment 31009

Try this to see if the Model 1 itself is working. Disconnect the ribbon cable from the expansion interface. Now power on. if all is working should have a clear screen and will show Memory Size?
just push enter. Should be at the command prompt I think. been a while since I messed with one!

Without a disk drive to connect, the screen you see is correct. If you hit the BREAK key, it goes to a DOS prompt.

Well, technically, it's not a DOS prompt because you never loaded a DOS (Disk Operating System). :) At this point you are at the built-in ROM BASIC prompt.

Looks like you priced it to sell. Nice looking system there. Good luck!

It appears to have had a memory upgrade too... I found the receipt and instructions for a 32K RAM upgrade... I'm assuming that it's installed in the expansion interface?!? Receipt says two 16K chips...

Thanks,
Roger

Yes those memory chips were for the EI.

And yes pski your right I meant to say the BASIC Ready prompt. Been messing with to many semi modern computers!

Back