• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pre 70's Nixdorf magnetic core memory unit

Jelle Veurman

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could inform me about the age of a Nixdorf magnetic core memory unit. The type plate says LFI 166 and 686d. It is presumably the RAM module of a Nixdorf 820/23 system and consists of a 9 plane core memory stack with it's surrounding electronics. Does anyone recognize such a unit? I also have a type 177 unit in my collection (rod cell memory, ROM). Information on this unit is available, but not for the 166. Hope you guys have some clue. Thanks!

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could inform me about the age of a Nixdorf magnetic core memory unit. The type plate says LFI 166 and 686d. It is presumably the RAM module of a Nixdorf 820/23 system and consists of a 9 plane core memory stack with it's surrounding electronics. Does anyone recognize such a unit? I also have a type 177 unit in my collection (rod cell memory, ROM). Information on this unit is available, but not for the 166. Hope you guys have some clue. Thanks!

Hello!

resurrecting an old post.

I believe I have a complete Nixdorf 820 of some type. I'm just starting to collect information right now. It is very simple right now as I'm simply posting things. I'm very interested to talk to anyone else that is curious about the Nixdorf 820 line.

Thanks,

Ben

Back