• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CP/M-86 for IBM 5150 Communication Programs

mmruzek

Experienced Member
I am working with an original IBM 5150 which boots CP/M-86 correctly from floppy disk. I would like to add a serial port communication program. I am setup OK for transferring files to CPM formatted disks with another machine. So far the best communication program I have found is something called 'MODEM9'. However this program is rather limited. My preference would be for something like PROCOMM or KERMIT or something else...? Can anyone suggest a good available option which can be downloaded somewhere as a binary ready to go? Thanks, Michael

There was a Kermit port to CP/M-86, you could try and get that up and going. I got it transferred to my NEC APC but had trouble getting the APC's serial port going -- couldn't find schematics at the time.

Thank you for the suggestion to try using "MOVE-IT". I was able to find a copy of the program here: http://pcsauro.altervista.org/CPM.PHP

This program has a configuration menu program for choosing your machine and operating parameters. (BTW: It includes the Rainbow 100.) I found that the main program is already configured for the IBM-PC running CP/M-86... so simply typing "MOVE-IT" from the console boots the program as shown in the attached screenshot. Thanks again! Michael

move-ss.jpg

Does anyone know where the IBM PC-DOS version of "MOVE-IT" can be found? I've not been able to find it using search engines. The only copy I have found available is on EBAY for $100. Thanks! Michael

Last edited:
Back