• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Compaq Proliant 6000

teraspree

It's relatively new to be considered vintage but it's still pretty neat. This is Compaq Proliant 6000 server, with quad Pentium II Xeon processors @ 450 MHz, 2816mb of ram, 3x 750w power supplies, 9x 36.4gb and 9x 9.1gb SCSI drives. Its boots up fine except for the internal battery being dead, and has the nifty display screen where you can view system info. I also have a Compaq Storage System F2 for it as well (I haven't tested it more than it just powering on), 17 extra 9.1gb drives with their caddies, 4 extra Pentium II Xeons @ 400MHz, and some other extra accessories like hot swap fans etc.

I acquired it from a friend a few years back who needed the space. I believe he got it from a datacenter that wanted to scrap it. I am in need of the space now and would feel bad selling it for scrap, so I decided to see if there is any interest for it here. I would be willing to let it go cheap. I'm located just a few miles south of Allentown pa.

IMG_20160508_212547.jpg
IMG_20160508_212729.jpg
IMG_20160508_220215.jpg
IMG_20160508_221346.jpg

Yes it is. I it believe it can hold 9 of those extra drives, but I never had it connected to the server so I don't know much about it.

The server likely has a SMART-2DH (or slightly later) RAID controller which I think had an external connector as well as the internal. So you just hook it up using a suitable (U320?) cable - and put a terminator on the other port on the drive chassis. Populate with drives, turn the whole lot on then configure some arrays on it, RAID-10 plus spare for example would give 36GB (and use about 200W or so!).

That's an awesome machine. I think that model may have been one of those that actually had hot-swap PCI card capabilities...assuming compatible cards and such.

I'd love to have one, but space for something like that would always be an issue... Where are you located?

Wesley

I assume it originally shipped with a plastic face and cover? The original XEON slot type processors were very big (to fit all the extra cache I guess). Nice to have 3 redundant power supplies (till you get the electric bill anyway).

I have the right side plastic front cover but the left side is long gone. Also I am located about 5 miles south of Allentown pa.

Back