• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Are there any plans or are there available a DD controller for Model 1

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
As title says are there any plans in the works to create a Double Density controller for the Model 1 with the expansion interface? I vaguely remember seeing
something about one. Please advise.

I used to use a Percom Doubler. Its a board that drops in the EI. You remove the 1771 FDC controller and put the 1771 (Single Density) into a spot on the Doubler and then it plugs where the 1771 used to go. This keeps the 1771 and adds in a selectable 1791 for double density. One was just for say on eBay and I was going to grab it myself except most of the chips looked like someone sanded the numbers off for some reason.

Percom, in an effort to try to discourage copying of their design, sands the numbers off the top of the chips on their doubler.

This was standard practice for many small manufacturers at the time.

Ian.

Hello Ian.
Decades later I had never noticed. In fact, after I read your reply, I had to grab my trusty screwdriver and open up my EI. It appears I must have had a lazy tech who made mine... Only one chip appeared to have the numbers sanded off.

IMG_20160618_231126.jpg

Si une personne me fait le fichier ".jed" pour remplacer la PROM par une Gal, je peux refaire une carte compatible PERCOM
Les PROM vierges sont rares et très difficile à programmer.
If someone gives me the file ".jed" to replace the PROM by a Gal, I can redo a compatible card PERCOM.
Blank PROM are rare and very difficult to program

Back