• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS-80 Model III

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
If anyone has a spare one of these let me know. Would like a disk based 48k model in working condition hopefully. Yes there are a few on ebay but I am not paying those prices and almost all are cassette based.

Would hope to find one in the 100-150 range if possible.

Hi Frank,

I see you are in Central Florida- not super close to me, but it could be worse. I am in Augusta, Georgia.

I have two model III 48k's- both fully working (well, I can re-test, it's been 6 months). One has original drives, and another fully working that has a 3.5" instead of original drive 1 (I still have the original drive, it is physically broken in an odd way).

I could let one go for that price range. Shipping might be bad, but we can check with UPS. Not sure I have good packing material on hand.

Want to travel North a little? :)

Also have a couple of Model 4's if you want one of those in addition or instead. All working.

Hey ritt I live a little north of Orlando and I am not to good at distance driving it makes me ill & I don't know why.

Well if you could ship use a quite a lot of bubble wrap obviously and maybe double box? or have UPS give an estimate if they packed and shipped it.

Check shipping to Zip 32713 if you can and advise should not be to high due to distance. I have 2 Model 4's as it is so don't need one!

There is a way to ship a model III without causing to much damage and that is by removing the CRT. It is usually the CRT that breaks off of the plastic mounts and then causes damage to the inside of the Model III

Removing the CRT is Not for the faint hearted. Especially if you have never done it before. It really isn't
that hard but you need to be extremely careful. High voltages could be present. So if you want to know how to do it let me know. Assuming we can come up with a deal.

Very busy this weekend, but I'm sure we can work something out. Removing the display and packing separately is fine on my side if it is on yours.

So I guess you have removed a CRT before? In all honesty I have a Model III CRT and display board. just not a model III top portion but a Model 4 top. Left over carcass. So I wouldn't
need the CRT if you don't want to ship it. But I leave that up to you. If it saves on shipping then keep it as a spare. I would need display board. Regarding which model III the dual 5.25 one or whichever you want to get rid of. Either one is fine.

Oh happy fathers day! I am guessing your a family man.

Ok cool. So once we come up with a deal remove the CRT from the MIII you are going to sell to me. Put some bubble wrap around the "Yoke" and tape it to the inside of case so it doesn't bounce around to much and possibly damaging the display board. Maybe cover hole where CRT was with cardboard or something like that. Pack it up real good with lots of bubble wrap and ship it.

Let me know what the shipping costs will be then. And final price.

Back