• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 8-bit VGA video card (with 15 pin output)

And there are plenty of adaptors out there in the very odd chance that you find an industrial VGA with something other than a 15 pin connector

Since my 16-bit card is longer, could it damaged the MB by sitting on the chips behind the slot?

So if I wanted to use the mono card that I have now, I can buy an adapter that goes from 9-pin to 15-pin?

Thank you

Well I would just see if it fits, if it touches anything I would look for something else, but my experience is that it usually gets close but doesn't actually touches anything.

Since my 16-bit card is longer, could it damaged the MB by sitting on the chips behind the slot?

So if I wanted to use the mono card that I have now, I can buy an adapter that goes from 9-pin to 15-pin?

Thank you

Well, I just found an adapter for $5... it's on it's way to me now! Thank you for the idea... I never thought about one of these.

Roger

Hu? 9-pin to 15-pin? There aren't any converter adapters that will convert an MDA signal to VGA.

If your 16-bit card doesn't fit in that particular slot without hitting a chip then just re-arrange your cards so that the video card is in one where it doesn't hit anything. All the slots are functionally the same on this motherboard and you have plenty to choose from.

If the 16 bit part of the connector isn't used you can carefully saw it off with a small hacksaw.. Not pretty but it does the job..

Back