• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Orlando mass shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Having Lived near the Orlando area for the last 16 years plus there are a few of us other users in the area I am appalled by the recent actions of some crazy anti-gay nut case whose decided to kill 50 of our citizens and leave 53 wounded in the worst mass murder in US history. Please take the time and a moment to maybe say a prayer for the survivors and there families. It is indeed a sad time for the "Happiest Place on Earth" :(

#Orlandostrong

My condolences to the bereaved family of all the victims. Prayers have been offered by our small community and we also pray for the safety or everyone during times like this.

It is a tragedy. But September 11 was the worst mass murder in US history.

Maybe we just need to enforce those gun laws that are already in place. NRA does a good job IMHO.

Maybe we just need to enforce those gun laws that are already in place.

Most of the recent mass shooting killers were fully compliant with all existing gun laws when they purchased their guns and ammo.

NRA does a good job IMHO.

Not when the vast majority of their own members support universal background checks and preventing people on the terrorist watch list from purchasing guns, yet the NRA refuses to support those policies.

Why not solve the problem by throwing technology at it?

I predict that next year's fashions will include a new lineup of high-tech personal body armor. Doesn't little Timmy just look spiffy in his brand new Riot Gear for Toddlers? As advertised on Fox News! On sale now at Walmart right between the terrorist proof see-through backpacks and the gun section.

Most of the recent mass shooting killers were fully compliant with all existing gun laws when they purchased their guns and ammo.

Not when the vast majority of their own members support universal background checks and preventing people on the terrorist watch list from purchasing guns, yet the NRA refuses to support those policies.

Stick to computers - you don't have a clue as to what's going on.

The obsession with guns in your country is hard to comprehend for those of us overseas. No other civilised western country has such a problem, or murder rate with guns. The evidence is clear as day that gun ownership and gun murder rates go hand in hand. It's beyond belief that gun reform is held to ransom by organisations like the NRA. I heard it once said that they are the "assassin's lobby group", a great description.

Maybe we need some more realistic Gun control laws. Problem is almost every member in Congress is on the NRA's payroll!

And maybe you should pull your head out of the sand.

The NRA has about 5 million members. There are how many citizens in the US of A (300 million)? Are you claiming that 1.5% of the people can out vote the other 98.5%?

Get real.

Guns don't kill people. It's the nuts behinds some of the guns that kill people. Orlando, San Bernardino, and 9/11 were all caused by Radical Islamic Terrorists.

How is taking guns away from citizens that did nothing wrong going to stop the Terrorists? It won't. Democrats claim that they are trying to protect the people. Then tell me why they insist in letting the Criminals out of prison/jail before they have been fully punished? Why is Obama pardoning record numbers of Drug Kingpins out of prison early when they are responsible for ruining and killing thousands of people. Why is alcohol not better controlled. More people are kill by alcohol related offenses than are killed by firearms (not including suicides which are counted by the anti-gun people as murders)? Why do the anti-gun people count 25-30 year old gangbangers who murdered each other as child murders?

Why do the mass shooting take place in Gun Free Zones? Because that is were the picking are plentiful and the risks are low for the Terrorists.

There is no guarantee of safety in a free society. In fact there is more risk to individual lives where/when people are allow freedom to do as they please.

The obsession with guns in your country is hard to comprehend for those of us overseas. No other civilised western country has such a problem, or murder rate with guns. The evidence is clear as day that gun ownership and gun murder rates go hand in hand. It's beyond belief that gun reform is held to ransom by organisations like the NRA. I heard it once said that they are the "assassin's lobby group", a great description.

There are two reasons the United States exists. Guns and religion. A large number of colonists came to America for religious freedom. And the US was able to win the revolutionary war because our citizens were armed. These are considered rights and are specified in the Bill of Rights to our Constitution. This is why they are deeply entrenched in American culture, and why groups like the NRA exist.

I'll rather see the thread closed by a moderator. To those of us not in the USA all the arguments about guns from those of you living there look completely insane, we simply can't understand it and nothing good can come out of veering away from computers and into that kind of discussions - it's just too alien.

I'll rather see the thread closed by a moderator. To those of us not in the USA all the arguments about guns from those of you living there look completely insane, we simply can't understand it and nothing good can come out of veering away from computers and into that kind of discussions - it's just too alien.

Well, gee TOR, this is after all a USA forum. If you don't like what you see here, you're free to hang out somewhere else. The reason the USA exists at all is because hundreds of years ago Europeans stifled life and the thought processes that we now so fevorously enjoy. And where would you be today if it wasn't for America's "guns" taking up your cause 75 years ago?

This is an off-topic discussion, so it's in the right place. The best way to understand one another involves asking and answering questions and keeping an open mind. I think we can come to an understanding without having to lock a thread.

Agent Orange: The *only* people who think that an internet forum is a "USA" forum if the forum happens to be physically located on an American server are Americans. Nobody else thinks that way about the internet. Forums on the net are international if they are open. Period. Should I care about the fact that a forum I visited earlier today moved from a server in one country to a completely different country last month? As it did. No, of course not. The visitors couldn't care less, it's on the internet, so it's international.
I've *never* seen the country argument raised by anyone who isn't American, and only from a few.

On other forums a topic involving politics or religion wouldn't last five minutes before filling up with mindless blather, a massive black hole opens up as it reaches critical mass, and several million left shoes disappear.

It really says something about this forum and its members that pure chaos has not already erupted.

Honestly, even from within the US the whole gun situation looks insane. It is not possible to just bulldoze the existing system and the way things are. (Just look at the watered down attempts to fix health care).

On the one hand the way things are going in general people should fight to keep the few rights they have. On the other hand something needs to be done about guns. There is no single, right, instant answer.

Agent Orange: The *only* people who think that an internet forum is a "USA" forum if the forum happens to be physically located on an American server are Americans. Nobody else thinks that way about the internet. Forums on the net are international if they are open. Period. Should I care about the fact that a forum I visited earlier today moved from a server in one country to a completely different country last month? As it did. No, of course not. The visitors couldn't care less, it's on the internet, so it's international.
I've *never* seen the country argument raised by anyone who isn't American, and only from a few.

You need to respect our customs and views, not necessarily agree with them. I don't like to be told that what I believe in and fought for is "insane". And by the way, without the Americans, I seriously doubt that this particular forum would exist.

Topic closed - we're not interested in hosting flame wars for any reason.

This should have been closed sooner but your moderators have day jobs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back