• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TELECOMPAQ Computer

Gribnitz

Experienced Member
Does anyone have any information on this IBM Compatible? Or a website you can point too other than the single museum mention I see doing a search? I am going to sell mine and don't know how to present it. There just isn't much about it on the internet at all. It is running DOS 5.0 and has a 10MB HDD and 2 5.25" drives. I don't know if it came in other configurations or not.

Try looking at Inforworld April 8, 1985. Lots of configurations.

Strange looking beast, with a Deskpro lower case given a slanted front end, topped by a modified Portable used as a monitor with disk drives on the side, with modem and speakerphone bundled in. Yes, it was manufactured by Compaq.

Take pictures.

Thanks. That article helped a ton. Lots of info in there. No wonder it seems so rare. Compaq only sold it through telephone companies for configuration purposes. i already listed the computer. Not hard to find since it is the only one on Ebay. Here are couple pictures.

100_0078.jpg100_0087.jpg

Try looking at Inforworld April 8, 1985. Lots of configurations.

Strange looking beast, with a Deskpro lower case given a slanted front end, topped by a modified Portable used as a monitor with disk drives on the side, with modem and speakerphone bundled in. Yes, it was manufactured by Compaq.
g.png

Take pictures.
Thanks for suggest

Thanks. That article helped a ton. Lots of info in there. No wonder it seems so rare. Compaq only sold it through telephone companies for configuration purposes. i already listed the computer. Not hard to find since it is the only one on Ebay. Here are couple pictures.

View attachment 32381View attachment 32382

That is a really neat looking system, Does it work? or is that all the signs of life you get in the 2nd photo? I really love old Compaq and old PBX/Telecom gear, and this is one I have never even heard of until now.

That is a really neat looking system, Does it work? or is that all the signs of life you get in the 2nd photo? I really love old Compaq and old PBX/Telecom gear, and this is one I have never even heard of until now.

It works perfectly as far as the computer itself. Both drives and 10 MBB HDD work fine. Not much on the HDD but DOS 5.0 and a text adventure I installed. I don't have all the telecom equipment portion that goes with it, so no idea if the ports are functioning, but as well as the rest of it does I would expect it does. I wish i could keep all of these I come across but space is really getting cramped. Check out the ebay auction, search TELECOMPAQ. It is the only one on there with more pictures.

100_0087.jpg100_0088.jpg

The second photo is just as the computer is turned on and boots to show all the red indicator lights are working. I posted another picture of the bootup to the C: prompt below.

Back