• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by 1200XL M.U.L.E.

1. 1

Looking for info on and impressions of NEC Multisync C500

I have an opportunity to get one for what seems like a reasonable price. When I search for it on Google I get nearly nothing on it. No user manual. No reviews. No mentions on forums. I thought NEC monitors were fairly popular in the 80s and 90s and had a very good reputation. In fact, I used to...
  2. 1

Need help tuning Epson 14" CRT based VGA monitor

I just got an Epson 14" CRT based VGA monitor. The model number is A804031. I connected it to my Epson Equity I+ machine which has a VGA card in it. An image comes up and is only a little soft ... but sharp enough. The problem is the background looks like the brightness is turned up too high...
  3. 1

16-bit VGA card recommendation?

What causes these vertical bars? I have never seen this before. I connect my Epson Equity 1+ with it's 8-bit VGA card to a NEC flat panel display. There are no vertical bars to be seen.
  4. 1

Thanks for your quick reply, @dhau ! I will be trying to use this machine with a CRT. The machine is an Epson Equity II+ and the CRT, coming separately from another seller, is an Epson branded VGA monitor. So it sounds like anything goes, then? Should I worry about video driver availability...
  5. 1

I will be receiving a 286 machine soon. It has an EGA card installed but I don't have an EGA monitor. I want to shop around for a 16-bit VGA card while I wait for the machine to arrive. The last VGA card I bought was for my Epson Equity 1+ and I was looking for a card with an 8-bit bus card...
  6. 1

The most beautiful and organized collection layout you've seen?

I had to take down my "laboratory" of machines to make room for some guests. While it was a little sad to disconnect everything, I am using this opportunity to dream up of a new way to set up my machines. My setup was getting a little clumsy. It consisted of a low-end drafting table with a...
  7. 1

Bought an Apple IIc - my first Apple ever - looking for guidance

@twolazy Thanks for calming my nerves on the floppy drive. I never heard a floppy drive click like this one does and I was starting to get a little worried. And thanks for the offer on the diskette! :) I may PM you later. @njroadfan I disassembled the computer and discovered the speaker...
  8. 1

Alrighty! The power supply arrived this afternoon. :) I connected the power supply and a small LCD display that has a composite video input to the IIc. The computer fired right up! (y) One item of concern to me is the floppy drive. It makes a loud, rapid-fire clicking sound and then spins...
  9. 1

Thanks, @njroadfan ! I remember seeing there are multiple versions of the ROM, including several super-charged homebrew versions. This will be a good reference. The tracking info for the power supply says I should receive it today! Fingers crossed the tracking info is accurate! The package is...
  10. 1

Upgrading (hot-rodding?) a Tandy 1000 EX with additional memory, storage, and CGA display?

@Torch and @Eudimorphodon ... Thanks for the replies! Assuming I use an ISA riser card, would it be possible to use a Monotech XT-IDE Deluxe Card with the optional MicroRAM addon in one ISA slot and then use a 2MB EMS card from Lo-Tech in the other ISA slot? Here is the Monotech XT-IDE Deluxe...
  11. 1

Thanks for the reply, @HoJoPo ! Now I have a tracking number for the power supply. It's slated to arrive Jun 18th. Hopefully it arrives sooner than that. Finger crossed the machine fires right up. Then all sorts of fun projects can begin! :)
  12. 1

Upgrading (hot-rodding?) a Tandy 1000 EX with additional memory, storage, and CGA display?

I had a very successful thrift store run this weekend. In addition to picking up an Apple IIc, I got a Tandy 1000 EX with an external 3.5" floppy drive. The 1000 EX fired right up and booted from the internal 5.25" drive. I also did a real quick test on the external 3.5" drive and it was able to...
  13. 1

@HoJoPo and @njroadfan ... Composite video it shall be, then! I have a few screens with a composite video input so I should be OK to test there. Do any owners use a composite to VGA or HDMI adapter box? I am familiar with the barrel DIN connectors and cables. My Atari 8-bit and ST machines use...
Back