• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by acenewman

1. A

Midwest Tandy Color Computer 3 128K $300

Computer has been sold elsewhere. Thanks for the add. Chris
  2. A

Thanks for the tip. Posted on Facebook as well.
  3. A

You wont find one nicer than this one. Open to reasonable offers. Chris
  4. A

I have a pretty much NIB Tandy Color Computer 3 128K verision. Picked it up years ago from a guy down the street who used to manage a Radio Shack. Pretty sure it had never been out of the box till I took it out to test it several years ago. Had to deoxit and reseat the memory. Just retested...
  5. A

IBM 5160 Chassis $100 OBO

Very nice IBM 5160 chassis. Fully populated with 256KB of memeory. Includes good origional power supply. Overall chassis is in great shape. No corrosion issues, few marks shown in pictures. Monitor not included, just to show memory status. It's throwing the 301 and 601 errors becuase there...
  6. A

Basic 4.0 upgrade issues

I was kind of bored this evening and thought why not upgrade my PET from Basic 2 to Basic 4. So after some digging I came up with the following ROM images as the correct ones needed: D5 - 901465-19 D6 - 901465-20 D7 - 901465-21 D8 - 901474-29 D9 - 901447-22 F10 - 901447-10 My machine is a...
  7. A

New PET 2001N-16 Project

Picked up my first PET a couple weeks ago. Have things cleaned up and am starting to troubleshoot it now. Currently it has garbled text at the top of the screen and just the @ symbol filing the remainder. You can see a few photos here...
  8. A

CTR-80A Model 26-1206 screw size

Have a 26-1206 dataset that I recently got working with my model 3. Overall pretty nice piece of equipment. It is missing two of the three screws that hold the body together. Anyone happen to know what size the screw is? I have been to every hardware store in town trying to find the right...
  9. A

apple II plus keyboard repair suggestions

Purchased an Apple II plus recently. Has a number of keys that don't work very well. Has the cheaper keyboard, the one you can't replace the key switches on. Wondering if anyone has repaired this type of keyboard? Is it even worth attempting? Seen a few videos of folks messing with them...
  10. A

Compaq Presario 5000 model 5BW160

Looking for Win 98 drivers or restore disk image for a Compaq Presario 5000 Model 5BW160. This is a Pentium 3 machine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Chris
  11. A

unstacking a stacker compressed drive

I have a 20 MB hard card that was used with a coprocessor stacker card. I would like to re-purpose the hardcard into another machine that only has one available slot. So I need it uncompressed. So far I am finding very little in the way of documentation. Can anyone tell me how to go about...
  12. A

ST-225 compatible MFM Hard Drive controller

I have a Seagate ST-225 drive I want to put into my 2nd 5160. Seems to work just fine with the IBM 62X0786 controller in my other 5160. Looking for another 62X0786 card or other card compatible with the ST-225 drive. Thanks, Chris
  13. A

What are you running your TRS-80 emulators on??

I had the chance to pick up a Model 3 locally a couple of weeks ago and did. After addressing a few minor issues it is up and running. So far I have used my IBM AT (has a 360K drive) to make a couple DOS (TRSDOS & LDOS) disks. Assuming I can find IMD or DMK files it seems pretty strait...
  14. A

TRS-80 Model iii issues

Picked up my first TRS-80 Model iii last night!! Very excited as I have wanted one of these for a long time. Lucky for me it popped up on Facebook only a couple hours away so I made the drive. I am new to the TRS-80 but not vintage computers. The warranty sticker was still intact and from...
  15. A

Apple iie no drive seek when powered on

Trouble shooting a new apple iie I picked up. Have run into something I have not experienced with this one. When powered on it drops into basic but does not attempt to boot from the floppy drive. Nothing happens. No red light, not drive sounds, etc. I have confirmed that the controller...
Back