• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by antwork

1. A

What is the identity of this sound card?

I was curious about the sound of the CS4236 chipset. So I have a sound card that I'm looking to buy from a second hand shop. But it has an AV out port. What does the AV out on this sound card do? If anyone knows, please share the information. Thanks!
  2. A

Questions about PEGA1A & PEGA2A

Thank you all for your interest, answers and information. I guess the most important change is that the vertical resolution goes from 350 to 480, which is the same as VGA resolution. Although the colors are still 16 colors.
  3. A

Questions about PEGA1A & PEGA2A

These two EGA cards are quite different in appearance. I'm guessing from the name, they are upgraded versions, but what is the difference between these two cards? I have both of these cards in my collection, so I'm just curious. I asked ChatGPT and they said the PEGA2A supports 256 colors at...
  4. A

I'm using wildcard-88n. How is 7.15mhz turbo mode possible?

I have no electronic knowledge whatsoever, but I enjoy soldering along projects created by various pioneers. Building retro PCs brings back happy childhood memories. With that being said, here's wildcard 88 datasheet. If you don't mind, any small help would be appreciated. Thank you
  5. A

I'm using wildcard-88n. How is 7.15mhz turbo mode possible?

I'm using wildcard-88n. How is 7.15mhz turbo mode possible? The PDF says that wildcard-88n is capable of 4.77 and 7.15. How can I get it to work in 7.15Mhz turbo mode? Does anyone have any advice?
  6. A

I would like to know information about these two cards that I got from ebay.

Hi all. I bought a sound card and an IO card from eBay. But I couldn't find any information on them even after searching. For the sound card, I most need a DOS install driver. (Unisound does not recognize it). For the IO card, I am most curious about the jumper settings. Even a small hint...
  7. A

RGB2HDMI Redesigned. (Ver. RaspberryPI B Type)

To utilize the Rpi B type board I have, I redesigned the RGB2HDMI board. Since I only have an IBM PC series, I built a PC Buffer into the board.
  8. A

Compaq Portarble 2 MOD

I modified the internal drive of a Compaq Portable 2. I removed the PCB board of the 5.25-inch drive and built in a Gotek and SD-IDE drive.
  9. A

Project: Motherboard for Intel Wildcard 88 module

Interestingly, the memory test error also occurred with the 2-chip (non-parity?) 1MB ram on the VGA card. The 3-chip and 9-chip 1MB ram booted fine at 640k on the VGA with no error messages.
  10. A

Thank you for your interest in my problem. I have an MDA card, two Hercules clone cards, one IBM clone CGA card, and one CGA clone card (short board). They all output the same error message.
  11. A

I always respect and appreciate Sergey's Projects. I Built a Wildcard 88 motherboard. It works fine on VGA, but I get memory errors on MDA(HGC),CGA. I hope to solve this. Can someone give me some ideas?
Back