• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

bear's latest activity

• bear
    5378 PC AT/GX attachment adapter. The graphics adapter itself is in an external box.
  • bear
    bear reacted to jbdigriz's post in the thread Ti-990 with Like Like.
    Ok, better late than never, but here's all the Ten X stuff I have ATM. This is a smallish Nextcloud server that will need to be moved to...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread AS/400 9402-F02 Service info needed.
    I have a copy of the 9402 Problem Analysis Guide I didn't remember owning that's got some MAPs and stuff that you'll probably find...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread AS/400 9402-F02 Service info needed.
    I had trouble on my 9402-F02 with the on-side of the EPO switch being faulty. Test it with a multimeter. Mine was dual-throw so it was...
  • bear
    Re-exporting an NFS mount via NFS is forbidden (or at least it was), though I couldn't tell you if the BSD guys were exercised about...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread Where are all the Model 16B s ?.
    They also ship notoriously poorly, so a number of ones that did survive have been smashed to bits while in transit from one owner to the...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread Any suggestion on this IBM 5295G?.
    I'm not an expert at this but my guess is that 4 is an hsync signal, and 5 is monochrome video. Unsure of 7. Maybe 7 is video and 5 is...
  • bear
    That's an internal clock doubled frequency. You're actually trying to run it at 50 MHz by installing it in a 25 MHz board. So that's...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread IBM RS6000 model 370 type 7012.
    the diagnostic disks are standard pc style format. double sided, 18x 512b, 500k data rate (1440kb). if you ran out of space you were not...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread Contrasting.
    The RAMDAC on the video board is possibly faulty. Certainly, if it's not the monitor, it's going to be in the analog part of the card.
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread Identify Mac IIci SIMMs.
    The PLD is a Mac thing for decoding what amounts to a "double" SIMM.
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread Identify Mac IIci SIMMs.
    KM41C400 is 4 megabit (each chip gives 4 M x 1 bit). 8 chips gives you 4 MB. 4 SIMMs each with 8 chips gives you 16 MB. HY514400 is...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread IBM RS6000 model 370 type 7012.
    Regardless of console, there is no output during self-test. Only the front panel LED codes. All of (more or less) the chips on the CPU...
  • bear
    bear reacted to upnorth's post in the thread I destroyed an IBM PS/2 8530 286 with Like Like.
    This turns out to be the key fact, and the key misunderstanding I had of the system: I assumed that, even without the RTC chip...
  • bear
    bear replied to the thread I destroyed an IBM PS/2 8530 286.
    hmm, that's not very good. but I think there's not much you can actually have killed besides the RTC, with it in backward. You end up...
Back