• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bigral

1. B

UPDATE for bootstrap/diagnostic ROMS for pdp11/23plus

Hello, I'm looking for newer boot ROM with MSCP ( "DU:" ) boot support for DEC M8189 KDF11-B PDP11/23+ CPU. I see there are two 4kb UV EPROM chips. Is there way to use bigger chips (i2764, i27128, i27256 etc)?
  2. B

HX: virtual device, DSK plugin

Hello, many of you ask about the ways of booting rt-11 system, managing dos-11/rt-11 images. So, I decided to create topic about nice tools that were developed by outstanding fan of pdp11 Patron from Russia. 1) VT52 terminal emulator with HX virtual drive support...
  3. B

vintage IC clones produced in former ussr

Hello, I have some very old chips most of them are clones of well known chips produced ~30+ years ago. Here are pictures with small description: https://www.flickr.com/photos/78012261@N04/sets/72157653239151896 My main interest is pdp11 related materials/hardware/chips. Please contact through...
  4. B

RQDX1/2/3 latest firmaware and supported drives

Hello, I am trying to format st225 and st251 connected to RQDX3 through M9058 but I'm getting error: controller has reported a fatal error in the format program status: rct write error what I should check to get an idea about the cause of this error? thanks, Andrey p.s. also I have couple...
  5. B

PDP-11 SCSI adapters troubleshooting

Hello, I have CMD CQD200/TM QBUS to SCSI board in my pdp11/23+. I have attached two QIC tapes and MO Fuji drive. I have made some testing using built-in firmware testing routines. These devices are working for read and write operations. BUT! They don't work as boot devices. Also INI DU1: and...
  6. B

JED file for CMD CQD200TM GAL20v8

Hello, I found outstanding article about upgrade CMD CQD 200/T or /M controller into CQD 200/TM here: https://sites.google.com/site/glensvintagecomputerinfo/cmd-cqd-200-tm/csr-decode-pal but I can not download ispLEVER from official site (seems their download are is not working for my IP). Can...
  7. B

Are "layered products" preserved?

Hello ALL, I wonder if there is file storage with ALL or most "layered products" from DEC? I think they all together should take no more than 1gb space. update: this thread about pdp11 related software.
  8. B

DLV11-J clone Plessey 705965-100 (Dilog 5965-0361)

Hello, I'm looking for the manual of the Plessey 705965-100. This card has 3 box header/IDC connectors. The second and third are SLU DLV11-J style connectors. The first looks very same too BUT it's wiring completely different and unknown. There are many configuration switches on board. Does...
  9. B

SMS two boards MFM controller

There is an SMS mfm controller presumably used in GENRAD test equipment. Here is it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-PDP-SMS-CONTROLLER-FOR-PDP11-/201009419742?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2ecd1855de questions: 1. what backplane required for it q22/q22 or q22/cd type? (is there some...
  10. B

using LPV11 (M8027) as STORAGE device

Hello, is there way to attach IOMEGA ZIP drive with centronics interface (aka pc lpt, parallel port) to pdp-11? Is there any drivers? Boot ROMS?
  11. B

DEC pro graphics

Hello, I know that DEC pro was an attempt to provide affordable pdp-11 with decent graphics into small office/school/university market. The graphics was added, but I never heard critical review of those. What was done in terms of software? Why this API/architecture was not used in later...
  12. B

anyone interested in exUSSR built PDP-11 clones?

Hello, I think I can help acquire some parts (CPUs and support chips), documentation, cards or even full systems. Please mail me private message if you want spend your time on those. I think following chips are available: CPUs: K1801VM1 (11/03 emulator + timer + multi-cpu support),K1801VM2 -...
  13. B

building pdp-11/83

Hello ALL, I want to build pdp-11/83, but I'm not really experienced with DEC Q-BUS modules/options. As I learned surfing the web I need an Q22/CD (PMI) capable backplane with 8 quad slots (3*Q22/CD and 5*Q22/Q22). All backplanes with 9 quad slots or dual slots are Q22/Q22 (or Q22 or not yet...
  14. B

Q-BUS cards identification

Hello All, there are many obscure and mysterious q-bus modules around, I hope someone here can explain what is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-PDP-IMAGING-TECHNOLOGY-FG-101-Q-Quad-module-MM-100-/221282978511?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33857e4acf
  15. B

need help with building home Q-BUS pdp-11 system

Hello All, I want to build q-bus based pdp-11 system for education and hobby. But, I've got a number of stumbling points with this, including parts availability and level of competence. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Back