• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by BillB3857

1. B

Model 4P Gate Array - No disk in drive

I have a Model 4P Gate Array (green screen) that has been working well. Suddenly, when trying to do something simple, like load BASIC, or DIR, I get a NO DISK IN DRIVE message. A CAT or DIR command gives the same message for both drives. The strange thing is that the computer boots fine from...
  2. B

Model 4P RS232 problem

I have a Model 4P running LS-DOS 6.3.1. I set up serial communications between the 4P and my desktop. On the desktop, I run TeraTerm. My problem is, that once I establish communications UPPER case and lower case both work UNTIL I do something on the 4P that causes the "LS-DOS Ready " prompt...
  3. B

WTB - Tandy parallel printer lead for Model 4 (or 1/2/3!) - UK

Your connector must be a non-standard configuration. I'm trying to attach a photo of my connector. We'll see if it makes it.
  4. B

Drive :2on a Model 4P

I have a model 4P and found a hardware mod to bring the control line out from the Floppy circuitry to allow use of a third drive. So far, I have had response from the drive (motor starts) whenever I type in a command such as DIR :2. This is followed by a message that says "Illegal drive...
  5. B

Converting from SSDD5" to DSDD 3.5" Problem

I just picked up a Model 4P from e-Bay. It has the old SSDD 5" floppy drives and works great with them. Since the disks are hard to find, I want to replace them with DSDD 3.5" drives. Progress so far is that I can copy from the 5" :0 drive to a 3.5" :1 drive but cannot use the 3.5" as a...
Back