• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bobmoo79

1. B

Vectrex blows internal fuse after time

A bit of contact cleaner seems to have sorted that switch out. The display starts up from cold in about 5 seconds now! Fantastic. Thanks again for all your help along the way Dave, I really do appreciate it. It's guys like you that make this hobby a pleasure to be involved in.
  2. B

And I've just realised I STILL haven't cleaned that power switch! I'll see if I can get that done over the next couple of days.
  3. B

Oh OK I see, mine's just a cheapo meter nothing fancy.
  4. B

So I tried the measurement again. +9v is about right (9.6v) until the point that the crt does a display, at which point it jumps to 12.5v -9v starts at about -13v and status steady when the displays comes on. Both measurements taken at the inputs to t503 with respect to the ground strap...
  5. B

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you I've been ill and also very busy so just couldn't progress this for a while. I've checked r529 and it is the correct value but the +9 and -9 inputs on T503 are actually measuring roughly +13v, -13v wrt the grounding strap. I'll need to run this...
  6. B

Dave, the machine ran happily for a couple of hours straight today so I think it's safe to say that particular issue is fixed. One thing I noticed though is that it took a long time (about a minute) for the display to come on. This means the vectrex title screen has passed by the time you can...
  7. B

That's a deal! 😉👍
  8. B

Ah yes, I hadn't thought about that so treated it more like a dc voltage. I should have provided a photo in my first post, or even better, the schematic showing the link (then even I might have spotted the issue). Hopefully when i reconnect everything it'll just work as it should. I'll...
  9. B

I soldered a wire across ep104 and ep106 because the switch was not working properly. Corrosion/ tarnishing meant there was sound but no picture. When I ran your voltage test at ep104/106 with reference to 105 I had voltage on both 104 and 106. So my assumption is that all this switching the...
  10. B

While I was soldering the diodes back I glanced at the wire mod I put in the back of the power switch and thought "I wonder...." So I soldered those foods back and reconnected ep104 and ep106 and removed that wire mod. The vectrex ran for an hour and a half before I switched it off. No fuses...
  11. B

Using diode mode they all read 0.5v in one direction and open circuit in the other (noting this is out of circuit as one leg has been removed from the pcb). Seems good to me.
  12. B

No problem. I'll remove one leg of each diode from the circuit and use diode mode to test them....
  13. B

Haha, thanks for your help so far Dave, enjoy Masterchef!
  14. B

OK disconnected EP104 and EP106, fuse didn't blow after 1 hour. Then measured the ac voltages. Ep104 to ep105 = 11.17 Ep106 to ep105 = 11.17 Ep104 to ep106 = 22.37. Good enough. No fuses were harmed in this test.
  15. B

Yes it still blows
Back