• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by captain_scarlet

1. C

unknown tower

Hey guys! I’m trying to identify a computer that appears in the intro of a TV gaming show from around 2003. You can see it in the very first seconds of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcfM1JuiDpo My guess is it’s a ATX tower from a mayor brand, but I can’t identify it. It appears...
  2. C

Protected Mode

As you all probably know, most games from 1993 onward requiere a DOS Extender, mainly DOS4GW. That program makes the microprocessor to enter protected mode and access memory beyond the 1MB limit. Now, I tried to run this little program on a 286 and it says that it is only supported on 386 and...
  3. C

Unknown ISA card

Hi guys! I found a 386 on the trash and when I opened it I removed a 8 bit ISA card, but I have no idea what it could be, any idea? I recognize the connector is a mini-din, like the one used on PS/2 keyboards or s-video, but I have never seen anything with 8 pins like this one
  4. C

Trouble with the turbo button cable

Here it is, seems quite simple, but it isn't for me! No problem with T+ and T- I connect the turbo led cables from the case, same with P+ and P- No problem with power either, I connect 5V and G with current from the power supply. I guess I'm not sure with the rest... I connect the 3 pin turbo...
  5. C

Trouble with the turbo button cable

Hey folks! I’m having a hard time with a 386 40/20 mhz when it comes to the turbo button. If I connect the turbo button cable that comes from the turbo button on the case to the motherboard the mhz effectively changes from 40 to 20 and viceversa, but the display won’t change the numbers. Now, if...
  6. C

Plastic and Ceramic LCC 286

I have a mother with a PLCC 286 on it, and I was wondering if the CLCC is compatible with the Plastic socket. Any advantages one from the other?
  7. C

Memory Board for 286

Guys, I'm looking for a way to expand my 286 memory, and the only way I could think of is with a ISA Memory Card, I found this on Ebay, but I´m almost sure is not ISA. What kind of connector is this? It´s not MCA and neither PCI (I believe)...
  8. C

286 micro compatibility

I currently have a 286 motherboard with a 12,5/6 mhz micro. Can I upgrade it with a faster micro? Let’s suppose the opposite situation: that I have a 286 motherboard with a 20 mhz micro. Could I install the 12,5 mhz micro in it? Or should I change the crystal oscillator too? Thanks for...
Back