• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Dai

1. D

TRS-80 Model III CRT connector orientation

Hiya, I managed to pick up a tube and display board for my TRS-80 Model III. There was no way to tell the connector orientation to the tube as the original tube and display board turned to dust in shipping. I had looked at the service manual for the model III but it just states to take note or...
  2. D

Newbie looking to get into vintage unix workstations, requesting advice.

That's pretty sweet! I just picked up a model III the other day but have always been on the lookout for a II/12/16. Never found out at the right price though unfortunately and they only seem to be going up.
  3. D

I'd love to source something ideally from that era since it's much closer to the pdp 11/70 that I've been toying with. In regards to the rarity I can imagine anything slightly obscure from 40 years ago being almost unobtanium though. Neat to know though so I can keep a look out and make some...
  4. D

I actually think that I have a mouse, keyboard and display for some sun workstation that I got in a large lot at the recycling center years ago. I never used them as they were all proprietary and n system to go along with it. I know the crt monitor had some weird connection with some large pins...
  5. D

Hey vcfed, I'm looking for some advise. I have had some hands on experience with a pdp 11/70 kit that I had purchased from Oscar w/ Obsolescence Guaranteed and needless to say I got a little more thirsty. I have always wanted to try and source a Unix based workstation as I felt my play room was...
  6. D

The South WTB: (GA) TRS-80 Model III 48k w/dual drives

Update: I managed to pick one up from another marketplace however when it was shipped the crt was loose and it ended up bouncing all around and broke the neck off and knocked off some capacitors from the power supply. Now i'm in the market for any compatible tube for the model III. I ideally...
  7. D

Tube from a TRS-80 Model III - Probably works in many other old CRT's.

Hey if you're in GA I just picked up a model 3 with a bad tube (split neck) and was looking for a tube. I'd be so stoked if you still had it. Thanks!
  8. D

TRS-80 Model 4 CRT

Hey there, do you still have any of those green tubes? I recently picked up a Model III and the tube mount posts cracked off during shipping breaking the neck of the factory tube. Thanks!
  9. D

Thanks for your response. I'd ideally like it to not be missing anything (keys, badges in good shape etc). I have a 12" amber screen that should fit into it actually so that might be a good candidate. I also don't mind doing a paint job as I used to paint cars when I was younger in a body shop...
  10. D

Been wanting to acquire another one for a while since I sold mine about 10 years ago. I'm able to have somebody meet for me in the Atlanta area since I'm currently in Japan for local just in case. I still have all of my original software to use with it but anything model III related is also...
  11. D

The South WTB: 5150 w/5153, 5151 or amber crt.

Oh thats great advice! I'll keep an eye out for one of those. I vaguely remember seeing those years back and liking that it looks very ibm oem.
  12. D

Atlanta and yeah I definitely agree regarding shipping.
  13. D

Hello, An older friend of mine had wanted to acquire an IBM 5150 again and I offered the one I had but he declined since I had had it since the late 80's. I am searching for one I could have sent to him and me pay for it as a gift. He mentioned these monitors as he told me he lusted over the...
Back