• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Doug_M

1. D

Dead CRT or Display Board?

I hauled out my 4D the other day after it sitting for a few years. Works fine. It had a Langley-Sinclair amber CRT in that I put in from a "donor" M4 I bought about 10 years ago. While the amber is nice, it was always blurring. I tried adjusting the focus pot on the board (the board is an M3...
  2. D

TurboRom KayPlus Rom issues

Reading through both the TurboRom and Kayplus manuals I have concretely identified my Kaypro as a 4/84 with a universal board. The problem I'm having is when I replace the 81-292 with a TurboRom or Kayplus EPROM it doesn't boot. I don't get the beep and nothing appears on the screen. The first...
  3. D

Problem poking holes with MBASIC on a Kaypro 4/84

Okay so I'm not actually poking holes, lol. But I'm trying to run a program written for an old EPROM programmer. The initialization routine as follows: 240 BA=28672 250 FOR X=BA TO BA+8192 260 POKE X,255 270 NEXT X always hangs when it gets to memory location 33779. I did a peek before...
  4. D

Jameco JE664 EPROM Programmer

I picked up a Jameco JE664 EPROM programmer about 10 years ago. It didn't come with a manual or software and at the time I couldn't find either. Searching now all I see on the Net is my 10 year old unanswered post on an electronics forum asking for same. I see Jameco have an FTP site with old...
  5. D

decompress AZM file?

How do I decompress a file distributed as .azm? I've got lbrext for LBR files, unzip and unarc. The latter two did not recognize the file as something to uncompress.
  6. D

Burn Kayplus ROM

I have a 4'84 that I'm just getting into and thoroughly enjoying. I'd like to upgrade it with a Kayplus ROM but I don't have a burner. Is anyone able to burn one for me? Thanks, Doug
  7. D

QTERM Patching

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to CP/M (dabbled just a little bit) and very new to Kaypros. I have a recently acquired 4 '84 that I am loving. That screen is amazingly sharp! I've got an HxC floppy emulator as drive A and a working DS/DD physical drive B. I've got a copy of MITE working but I...
  8. D

XTIDE or XT-CF

Hi, I would like to buy an assembled and working XTIDE or any of the variants. Thanks, Doug
  9. D

Cool keyboard

Check out this eBay auction for a Model 4: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RADIOSHACK-TRS-80-MODEL-4-COMPUTER-26-1089-/280516304494 The keyboard appears to be a custom one for maybe a department store POS or something.
  10. D

ALS The CP/M Card

Hi, I recently got an ALS "The CP/M Card" with no manuals or software. This site here http://vintageware.orconhosting.net.nz/apple2/cpm.html has been a great resource in getting it going (on a IIgs). Using the 5 1/4" disk images I am able to fully boot into CP/M but it doesn't "see" my 3 1/2"...
Back