• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by drg

1. D

HP 715/75. Is it dead?

Thanks Wojtek! As I have the same issues (bad cache and so one), I don't see any visible issues on my board, processor. But still, it could be the same. Please inform us about your findings, if I find something, I will let you know too. All the best, Pawel
  2. D

HP 715/75. Is it dead?

Any success? I have identical problem with my 715/75.
  3. D

Macintosh Plus - error 01204E

Success! That was it. I ordered two of W27C512-45Z, unfortunately one of them had broken leg. However I dumped two original ROMs and then downloaded 3 version of ROMs for Macintosh Plus. Next I split those ROMs into HI and LO parts and then I calculated MD5 sums for all halves. As I suspected...
  4. D

I found some info, that it could be due ROM problems, I ordered new chips and will try to flash new ROM next week.
  5. D

Hi, I got Macintosh Plus with broken floppy disk (currently it's disconnected). Unfortunately after powering on I got 01204E error. The keyboard is not connected (I should have tomorrow one). I tried to boot from BlueSCSI, but still the same error occurred (Macintosh SE FDHD and Classic booted...
  6. D

IBM Powerstation 220

On my other RS/6000 (BULL DPX 20/400) I installed AIX 4.3.3. I want to have C compiler of course, however after installation of xlC there is no cc command. I suspect it is related to licences stuff. Is a way to install C compiler on 4.3.3, perhaps with some kind of hobbies licenses?
  7. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Thanks for hints, I did all my configuration with SMIT, so I didn't edited any file manually. Nevertheless, it works now (with my standard serial cable). The solution was adding ,,clocal'' for STTY attributes (in order to not relying on modem control signals), I did it also with SMIT: This...
  8. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Small update - I was able to install and configure tcp/ip and then logged via telnet. As all characters (function keys, ESC end so on) work with telnet connection, I could see how great is SMIT. :) However I'm struggling with 2 things: I can't connect trough serial port - I configured tty0...
  9. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Yes, I did it this way, also export TERM=aixterm. I also tried vt52, vt220. With export TERM=dumb smit is not starting at all because of unknown TERM definition. As I said before, ESC doesn't work also, ALT is CTRL, CTRL is CapsLock and so on. I think it's hardware issue (RS/6000 had dedicated...
  10. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Thank you, it worked, of course! Now I have to find some serial console to install some packages using SMIT, because arrow keys on IBM keyboard still don't work no matter what kind of TERM I set.
  11. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Probably my last issue is that I'm unable to change the hard disk. I tried two other SCSI disks - Quantum Traiblazer from old Mac (500mb) and Seagate HAWK ST31230N (1.05G) and both failed during booting causing infinite loop with code: - 223 (SCSI devices selected for ipl) - 229 (a normal mode...
  12. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Indeed, I have Gt1 graphic card. In the machine there is 200mb disk, I'm currently searching for something bigger in order to be able to install X, c compiler and some other stuff. In terms of keyboard, I think it could be tricky, when I press ESC Num Lock is toggled, CTRL toggles Caps Lock...
  13. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Success! However I wasn't able to connect to the same SCSI cable hard disk and CDROM. Actually, I tried 3 cables with multiple connectors only with CDROM (hard disk disconnected) with various positions - second connector, last connector, with TERM jumper set and without it and it didn't work...
  14. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Small success! I was able to boot AIX 3.2.5 from Ultraplex cdrom, when I connected it instead of hard disk. When I replace single scsi cable to cable with multiple ends and connect both hard disk and cdrom, it hangs with 223 (SCSI devices selected for ipl).
  15. D

IBM Powerstation 220

Thanks for help. I changed scsi id of cdrom to 6 and ensure hd is at 0. Unfortunately, cdrom still doesn't boot, however I can hear when cd is starting to read. I also tried to install with floppies, however I had few errors and on 5 disk it stopped because of lack of file. Without hard disk...
Back