• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by eestes3

1. E

VT100 Case Fasteners

I look forward to hearing if those work for you. I have the same issue. Thanks for sharing.
  2. E

Rainbow 100A Memory beyond 256K?

For the 100A you cannot use the 100B memory expansion card directly. You need the 8087 daughter card. You remove the CPU from the main board, plug it into the 8087 daughter card, plug the daughter card into the 100B extension board, attach the cable from the daughter card to the CPU socket on...
  3. E

What is this?

Was not aware of them, thanks. I do find it interesting that they engineered their own CPU board in this case instead of using a DEC one. Found some of their old documentation that shows for some machines they did use a DEC CPU board.
  4. E

What is this?

Anyone know what this board might be? I see the obvious DCJ11, but the board does not appear to be DEC and I have never seen anything like it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/186283863368
  5. E

VaxStation 3100 M38 - help with boot errors (?)

Maybe it can be saved with a cleaning and a few bodge wires. If not the "Bits Please" guy on ebay with all the 3100s has three M38s left. They are pricey ATM, but he is ameniable to offers. I got a few M76s from him for a great price. He has been sitting on those M38s for a while now so may go...
  6. E

BA11-VA schematics

I have one of these little boxes and it is great, except if you want to go beyond an 11/02 the PSU might not be enough. The maximum DC power including auxiliary input is +5 VDC @ 5.6 A and +12 VDC @ 1.6 A.
  7. E

VaxStation 3100 error at startup

I found this, but for other vax hardware, not 3100 specifically. I would still start by adressing the network issue first.
  8. E

The E warning is for your real time clock. You may want to replace the battery to see if this one goes away. The C warning I would not worry about much, the 6 warning is likely no terminator on your external scsi port. I would still start with connecting something to you network port as...
  9. E

3100 is picky about some devices. ?? is a fatal error. it does not like when no network cable or loopback is connected. I would check that first. Refer to https://manx-docs.org/collections/antonio/dec/MDS-2000-01/cd1/VAX/344AAAD1.PDF for more details on power on self test issues and codes.
  10. E

rainbow 100A hard drive support

The hard drive cable part number is 17-00427-001. Mitch at Keyways has them. Not cheap, but also not common.
  11. E

DECMate II

I am sure Mitch at Keyways has that video cable. Wont be cheap, but a great source. Pretty sure it is the same cable as used in the Rainbow 100.
  12. E

Rainbow Ethernet?

Thank you for that. It is very helpful.
  13. E

Rainbow Ethernet?

It is to connect to Dec printers like the LA 50 which have serial input. Below is from the Rainbow 100 technical manual.
  14. E

Rainbow Ethernet?

The Rainbow printer port is serial.
  15. E

VR201 Repair Opinions

Google a value and you will see lots of options. Mouser is a commonly used source.
Back