• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Endersending's latest activity

• E
    I think I figured it out: head pressure. After gently putting extra finger pressure on the top head the drive was able to complete a...
  • E
    With more testing my cable seems fine as per Deramp's cable page 3. I can write double sided single density just fine, which to me means...
    • 850_head_m.png
  • E
    I guess I will start using IPA. I hooked the 8" floppy drive up to a 486DX with Dos. Although 22disk will format, it will not copy...
  • E
    A few more observations and questions: Should the heads be perfectly aligned to one another? on one drive, the top head is about 20%...
  • E
    I have cleaned the heads with rubbing alcohol (everyone uses IPA, whats the diff?). I thought about head pressure. I pushed a tiny bit...
  • E
    With more testing I have a little more information: It seems I can write small files (1k - 2k) correctly. larger files will error out on...
    • floppyD.png
  • E
    An update: I can write double density to the drive, but with a lot of read after write errors. The errors always come from surface 1...
  • E
    I need some advice for a problem I am having. I have an 8" Floppy drive that gives me read after write errors when using DS/DD disks. I...
    • floppy1.png
  • E
    Endersending replied to the thread cdos, Cromix and ram.
    I have figured out what I wanted to know. Everything has been revealed in the Multi-User Basic manual. This manual describes a multi...
  • E
    I have been reading some more and I am still confused. Looking in the 64KZ manual, it shows how to use 16KZ cards with it (banking up to...
  • E
    When I am stuck in this situation, I use an oscilloscope and probe pins while you type on keys... the 12volt are signals ready(-12) not...
  • E
    I am able to boot cromix with this PIICEON card, but I cannot login because I don't have another card, only 16Kz's and the DMB 6400...
    • 2024-03-16_115350.jpg
  • E
    So CDOS can not and was never designed to use more than 64K of ram? Can Cromix use 16KZ cards?
  • E
    All of my knowledge is for the Z80 version: I also had to edit this a bunch because I was mixing the 16KZ with the 64KZ cards. This...
  • E
    Endersending replied to the thread Alloy PC-Slave/286.
    Looks like SB1 was for DOS/disk cache. I still don't know what 2-5 on SB2 do. Also, since E4 is sheered, and from what I have found it...
Back