• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by evris80

1. E

The most reliable way of finding bad blocks on MFM drive?

KONAN KDC-230 has an option about defining spare cylinders when configuring a disk drive prior to formatting (I've attached a photo of its bios configuration utility). Unfortunately, I can't tell for sure if that has to do about tracking and relocating bad sectors, since I can't find anything...
  2. E

Wanted: Adaptec ACB-5500 bridge controller

Hi everybody, I’m looking to buy an Adaptec ACB-5500 bridge controller. I own a set of ACB-4000 and ACB-4070 and I’m writing a format utility and OS driver for that hardware, but I don’t own an ACB-5500 to test my code too. If anybody has an adaptec acb-5500 available for sale, please PM me. I...
  3. E

Future Domain TMC-830 SCSI BIOS V7 Needed

Nice! I've used an EPROM reader to get the BIOS out of a 27C64 EPROM. The label on the rom has "950 AT V7.0" on it and the board is a TMC-850M. Tested and works fine on my PC. I will collect some more ROM images of my devices for minuszerodegrees.net (if of any use) when I find some free time.
  4. E

Future Domain TMC-830 SCSI BIOS V7 Needed

Hi everybody, I've dumped this BIOS image from my TMC-850M board. This board features a VLSI VC5257-0001 chipset.
  5. E

Seagate ST-251 drive problems

My ST-251 works fine as a single drive on the controller, having the termination resistors pack installed and a jumper placed as shown in the image
  6. E

Looking for OAK OTI 037C VGA card BIOS dump...

My OAK 037C VGA has BIOS v2.17 (1990) in a single 27C256 EPROM chip, but is NOT an 8bit XT card. I'm not sure at all if it's compatible with your OTI 037C implementation... you can just give it a try if you're out of options
  7. E

Chips & Technologies "CHiPs" CS82310 "PEAK/DM" 386 chipset

I've got a similar PEAKDM 386 motherboard with 4x32kx8 cache, but it has another CHIPS chipset version. I don't know if my (AMI) BIOS version is compatible with your mb & chipset, if you're interested, I'll make a BIN image of my BIOS and post it.
  8. E

Repairing a faulty XEBEC MFM controller...

Hi everybody. I'd like to share a troubled experience I came across today when I tried to power on my ST-412 disk. Just after switching on my PC, I noticed a tiny column of smoke emerging from my XEBEC controller in which my ST-412 disk was attached. Alarmed of course, I switched off the PSU...
  9. E

KONAN 8bit XT MFM disk controller KDC-230 settings

Hello, I have an old Konan KDC-230 ISA XT ST506/ST412 controller but I can't find a way to configure it's jumpers because I can't find any documentation about it. Any help would be very valuable! Thanks, Evris.
Back