• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by FinnJorgensen

1. F

Display Telecommunications Corporation "Megaboard".

floppy.src has two typos: line 87 labeled BadSeekStat contains an "8" instead of a "0" Line 239 should be "Ret 2" instead of "Ret" How can I reach you directly about these details ? I'm a new user of this forum (but a *very* old user of computers... since 1967...)
  2. F

I started applying diff between your version of the source and what I found myself. I have found a few typos in your files and quite a lot in mine. Whenever diff indicates a difference, I check with the paper version. This way, I think we should be able to make a version without any typos. I can...
  3. F

Fine ! In the meantime I finished OCR'ing and proofreading the sources so we should be able to run a diff on the two to weed out the last typos. As an example, I noticed one typo at line 121 of the ibminc that should read "PPICLoopPost..." I also found quite a few typos in my versions.
  4. F

Thanks to 640KB for the compressing ! I fed the BIOS thru an OCR that gave an acceptable result a part from the page layout and the indentations/tabulations. Now I've started cleaning up the mess which will take some time, but I find it would be nice to have a clean assembler source that can be...
  5. F

I'll try that. I scanned the schematics back then but not the rest of the manual. Latest news : I finished the scan of the BIOS ! I ran it through tesseract to create a searchable PDF document. 108 Megs raw PDF, 85 megs once compressed into ZIP. I've opened an account on Discord, but my file...
  6. F

In your original post, you mentioned the metal strips on this board. These are power supply rails to facilitate power distribution on this double sided board. The scanning of the BIOS listing is in progress. How do I upload the result to the Retro Web ? Finn
  7. F

I have no access to an Eprom reader right now, but I'll try to see what is possible. I have started to scan the listing of the BIOS. It's around 180 loose pages, so it's manageable. Where can I deposit the result when I have finished ? As a bonus, I've tried to do some OCR on the listing and it...
  8. F

In '84, I bought a bare DTC Megaboard plus all the components required, including the BIOS *and the BIOS listing*. I still have everything in my possession. At the end of the boards' useful lifetime, I started to tinker with some of the connexions, mainly to make it run faster, so it is not...
  9. F

Converting a PC Booter Game to Cassette Tape

These were the high-end systems, with floppies. I never tried the cassette interface. To be honest, I didn't even notice it existed. Now, I have recovered all the parts, including the power supplies that I "borrowed" back then, but not the floppy drives. Finn
  10. F

Converting a PC Booter Game to Cassette Tape

I stumbled upon this discussion and I'm happy to announce that I have in my possession two Advance 86B computers. They were given to me around 1985 by a local reseller (Brittany, France) who didn't want to spend more time trying to make them reliable. I tried back then to make them work, but...
  11. F

Intel Intellec 8 MCS

Hello Mattis I would very much like to buy an extender board if you have any left. I already bought the connector (EDAC 346-100-541-202) and soldering is no problem. How shall we proceed (payment, etc.) ? I tried to mail you at the datormuseum address, but maybe you didn't receive it ...
  12. F

Intel Intellec 8 MCS

Thanks a lot ! Ill try to keep you informed about my progress. Finn
  13. F

Intel Intellec 8 MCS

Wonderful to see these old boxes coming back to life ! When I started with computers they always had a front panel with switches and blinkenlights and you were supposed to know entering programs from there. I somehow miss the blinkenlights... Around 40 years ago, I saved an Intellec 8-84a from...
Back