• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by framer

1. F

Is there a case to be made for the 386?

I picked up a Baby Gemini from Micronics 386DX+387 board about 10 years age. It came with 8-1Mx9 30pin simms installed. It's been my workhorse in imaging my software collection software for years. I've installed 1-360K DSDD floppy, 1-1.2M HD floppy, 1-720K floppy, 1-1.4M floppy and a CDROM...
  2. F

CHATGBT

I had some issues until it understood that I wanted translate a newer gw-basic program to ZBASIC v1.0. I would list a routine that was giving me trouble getting it to run in ZBASIC that was written with GWBASIC and it would point out the errors and suggest a better way to code the routine. I...
  3. F

CHATGBT

I just gave it some basic code to find a broken for next loop and it was able to lead me to the issue of a missing ":" :)
  4. F

CHATGBT

I've been asking the CHATGBT AI thingy with questions about my old Zenith Z-110 computer and it was well informed about it. I did need to let it know I was talking about a early 1980 computer as it 1st said it had no info. After that it spit out way more info than I needed but did give me what...
  5. F

Fun with Windows for Workgroups

I gave up on http: with my 386. I can still FTP to places and get files. Normally I DL what I want using a current newish compute and browser, which I can then transfer it to the 386 over my local NET. I'm running WFW 3.11 on my 386.
  6. F

Installing Tyan S1830 motherboard into IBM XT case

Just found this at TomHardware: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/q-tyan-s1830s-piii-1ghz.301514/
  7. F

I am planning to be where that computer is next weekend. I will check the BIOS and check if any other files might be saved on that system. I do remember updating that BIOS when I went to the 850 P3 from a 450 P2.
  8. F

I thought this thread was dead, I know you need to get the latest BIOS number not known at this time and maybe a patch file. I in the process of moving 900 miles and that is where the Tyan 1830 sits. I will verify the BIOS in a couple of weeks and review my notes from years ago to see what I...
  9. F

Free Tyan S1837 working

Board is taken, Thanks
  10. F

Free Tyan S1837 working

This has a 443GX chipset with a RAIDport III expansion (slot/port) and it comes with the very rare ARO-1130U2 card w/software. It has 1GB ECC memory installed but this can be increased to 2gb.
  11. F

Free Tyan S1837 working

I'm going to be moving in a couple of months and I really don't want to throw this in the dumpster. FREE FREE Might have other things to give away when you are here. This was a real server MB in it's day.
  12. F

Free Tyan S1837 working

To moderator: Please forgive me posting this here but I figure someone reading about this class machine might like it. If it must be moved I'll understand. Come and get it FREE Tyan S1837 Thunderbolt with optional connector for ARO-1130U2 Raid option card, included. Has 4 SCSI 9gb drives...
  13. F

40th anniversary of the IBM PC 5150

A single image from my camera is over 40MB's today. It became a race to see who would buy the next bigger drive. I won... Got a metal cabinet covered in old HD magnets. Turned my early 5150 on today and booted CPM 1.0 cool...
  14. F

Breathing new life into 1981 IBM 5150

I might have missed it but do you have all 4 ram banks filled? I remember working on mine many years ago and there seem to me a glitch in the bios that require all the RAM banks to be filled.
Back