• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by gary2000

1. G

Quick sd2iec project

Fun little project that was made for just $15, using instructions found online. Works well, except for Drive ID switch. It is set up according to schematics I have found , but only works as Drive 8.
  2. G

Timex Sinclair 1000 upgrade

Finally got around to repairing TS1000. "Bad ULA" turned out to be a bad capacitor. Upgrades include 16K and composite mod. Now to put it back together before the fragile ribbon connector breaks.
  3. G

My A2000 build

I enjoy mine as well.
  4. G

Tandy 1000EX - Looking for parts to build a PLUS/IDE converter

I made this a while ago, but I know I used a longer edge connector. It did see files from the XT-Ide, but would not boot from it. One of these days I'll have to get back to it.
  5. G

NOS Timex 1000

Here's something you don't see every day... an NOS Timex found locally. A friend had one of these growing up, which even included the modem. So it was a surprise to find this to replace the one I bought used that's broken. Now, I'll just have to admire it for awhile before opening. :)
  6. G

Atari 400 and SIO2SD

FYI... I just purchased a SIO2SD and it did not seem to work with my Atari 400 with 16K. The unit seemed to be functioning, but the games would not load - loading garbage on the screen or putting a 'K'. I turned off high speed and tried different SD cards. I tried it with and without...
  7. G

NexGen motherboard NX586 - P90

NexGen motherboard NX586 - P90 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NexGen-motherboard-NX586-P90-/162131249888?hash=item25bfc68ae0:g:Hz4AAOSwOVpXYrdc
  8. G

C64 - black screen

No, not the CIA! (they're not socketed) Yes, cartridges seem to work except for the garbage on screen. What about trying to replace the two LS257? Just want to eliminate other possibilities.
  9. G

C64 - black screen

I recently bought a nice one-owner C64. At power-up, the original monitor flickers and gives a black screen. Voltages look good (12v,5v,9v)/ 1541 resets. Tried loading disk, but nothing. The PLA seems to be abnormally hot (like the SID) and no pulses from pins 10-13. Voltages are not 5v on...
  10. G

SO it is a Federation Now?

11. G

Apple IIe no video issue

Yes, all showing 'FF' when I ran test again.
  12. G

Apple IIe no video issue

May have to buy a2e for parts...
  13. G

Apple IIe no video issue

I just bought a IIe that was previously in a storage unit. (The last time I used one was in 1983.) After bringing it home and cleaning it, it started up normally with a beep, Apple //e and prompt ']'. After testing with a game, I noticed vertical black stripes in graphics only. I did not know...
  14. G

Tandy 1000 HX plus cards, expansion

plus card to isa adapter plus card to isa adapter
  15. G

Where Can I purchase a Tandy 1000 EX RAM Board (Plus Board) ?

Finished finally... now waiting for Lo-tech XT-IDE.
Back