• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Gazza

1. G

Micro 80 Expansion - help with identification.

Dusty runs a TRS-80 newsletter, well worth a look, link below cheers https://trs-80.org.uk/
  2. G

G'day @shyandrewt, managed to get all the files into a single PDF, hoping this helps. For a double density board try Ian Mavric ianm@trs-80.com I managed to find the original owner on faceache and was hoping I could get him to lend me his unit so I could do a write-up for Dusty but...
  3. G

Tis your lucky day M8, way back in time a work M8 bought a System/80 complete with a Micro-80 Expansion and manual. The good news is I scanned the manual, the bad news is the files on the hard drive are corrupted, the good news is I found a backup. I just need to to combine the 40+ files into a...
  4. G

How to create FreHD auto-boot image (for model 4)?

Both of my 4Ps are in storage ATM and most of my TRS80 stuff is on a dead desktop so I'm going by my (fading) memory. That 4P image on Ian's site was built for a stock 4P and predates the FreHD.Rom but it will work on a 4P with the modified rom. It has modified sys files and calls on the 4P rom...
  5. G

How to create FreHD auto-boot image (for model 4)?

I seem to remember sumptin' about changing byte 08&H of the header to '01' Give that a try.
  6. G

Problems with FreHD HDD LSDOS master password

From my notes Disable passwords SYS2/SYS Rec 02&h Byte 50&h Change 28&h to 18h I think I did this when I created the self booting 4P image on Ian's site so that image should have all p/words disabled.
  7. G

Model II Type 1 HD Interface Cards

Hi all My Model II has never been able to boot TRSDOS II 4.x with it's original HD card but boots everything else OK. 26-4150 runs OK on the original card but because of a dud HD INIT aborts. Got my paws on a couple of other cards that have factory mods to the boards and they boot TRSDOS II 4.x...
  8. G

DS1216E source code

Tis amazing what you can find if you dig deep enough.:D CLK4/TXT is attached below. I had to make some changes to kill the Y2K bug and to get it running on the Model II but this is Duane Saylor's original unaltered code. Should give you a few ideas and a pic of how it looks running on the Model II.
  9. G

Tezza

Happy birthday, have a good one.:toast:
  10. G

Model II LSDOS 2012 and Beyond

Firstly I'd like to thank Matthew Reed for his hard work in writing the original patches for the Models 1,3 and 4. All I have done is butcher his good work to get it running on the Model II. As with anything I do the usual disclaimers apply so if it all goes horribly pear-shaped don't blame...
  11. G

Model IIs - Lots of Model IIs

I've been in a parallel universe since lugging these things around. It was dark when I got home and I couldn't be bothered shuffling cars up and down the driveway, so 1..2..3.. and up on the shoulder - still paying for it. I'm too old, fat and bald for this.:) Correct Pete, one side looks to...
  12. G

Model IIs - Lots of Model IIs

Rather than hijack Hans01's poll I thought I should do the right thing and start a new thread. A friend recently came across and collection of Model IIs. He definitely found the mother lode. Not sure how he tracked them down. They were used by a business that put them into storage after they...
  13. G

Backing up TRS-80 IDE DOMs

Bought myself one of those cheap USB-IDE adapters off feepay. About $5.00 without the supply and $10 - $15 with supply and various cables. Armed with the above and some software from http://hddguru.com/ I decided to have a go at backing-up the DOMs I'm using with the IDE adapter on my 4P...
  14. G

NEWDOS/80, HxC format problems

Oh Wow .. Thanks for the quick response.. I have been banging my head against the wall for a few days now.. Very frustrating .... I definitely see similar issues no matter what format I try. With Single density single side 40 tk, it writes a few sectors on track zero then aborts. I can look at...
  15. G

Dallas Smartwatch replacement - Tain't purty but, it works

Things move slowly in Gazzaland but I've finally got around to building my first Smartwatch replacement. It's been over 25 years since I've done any PCB design and that was using Bishop Graphics - yes, I'm old. This is the first time I have designed a board using a computer so I was a bit...
Back