• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by GeoNomad

1. G

Moving Sale - Byte Magazines 1976 - 1984

We will be moving in October and these suckers are heavy. 1976 - Feb,Jun,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec 1977 - Jan,Feb,Apr,May,Aug,Sep 1978 - May,Dec 1979 - Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,Nov,Dec 1980 - Jan,Feb(3),Mar,Apr(2),May(2),Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov(2),Dec 1981 - Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec 1982 -...
  2. G

SQ555 Syquest Drive with 17 cartridges

Looks like it was last used in 1993. Any offers?
  3. G

15 Year old with 200 Apple Computers

Interesting article in the New York Times today: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/technology/apple-computer-museum-maine-teenager-alex-jason.html A planned technology museum in Maine grew out of the curiosity of a 10-year-old. In 2010, Alex Jason traded a minibike and an electric snowblower...
  4. G

Amrel 386DX Laptop with Marstek M-105 Hand Scanner - free - pay shipping

I still remember my excitement when I ordered this computer. It was sooooo powerful and with the added bonus of a hand scanner interface. A lot of money, though! The HD has been upgraded to 140 MB (Toshiba MK2124FC). I fired it up and it looked good. I saw some things in the directories that...
  5. G

Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego? 8 Diskette set for IBM/Tandy

Deluxe Edition 1992 Still shrink wrapped. $10 OBO shipped CONUS
  6. G

Xerox 800 Photographic Negative storage

I came across these in my my boxes of stuff and wonder when and where they were used. They appear to be some sort of storage medium using photographic negatives and are in a sleeve labelled Xerox 800. They are about the size of punch cards. Just curious. I don't remember them. But then, there...
  7. G

Apple ][ Clock Card - Conceptual Instruments - The Organizer

I came across this interesting product for the Apple ][ which seems to be an organizer/calendar program with a real time clock card. It sold for $177, apparently. Doesn't look like I ever plugged it into a computer. The chip is serial number 000009. Wonder how many they sold.
  8. G

On_Line - Buy & Sell Forum for the Computer Hobbyist 1979

Dave Beetle published a classified ad newsletter every third Friday with products from startups and used equipment. It was a staple of homebrew computer hobbyists and expanded with the growing market for personal computers. I happened across this still stapled copy from June 1979. Great...
  9. G

When an index to the web fit on one CD

Came across this Index to the World Wide Web from 1994. Before Google was necessary. In 1993, it fit on a floppy disk. Google led me to some information on it: http://www.madmode.com/2012/olias-web-index.html including a .iso copy.
  10. G

IC Master Hard Cover 1980 and 1984

I actually already put these in the recycling bin and then looked on eBay to find people are selling and buying them. So, in case there is interest here... 1980 IC Master - 2870 pages of up-to-date information on the latest ICs. 1984 IC Master - 2 volumes - 5036 pages In pretty good...
  11. G

Device Programmer - Digital Media IPP-150C

Nice looking programmer for 25 and 27 series EPROMs, PAL, HPL and IFL devices. RS-232 interface. 2 ZIF sockets. Unfortunately, no documentation. Perhaps someone can tell us more. Pay the shipping and it is yours.
  12. G

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego - 8 disk set

Any interest? These are still shrink wrapped.
  13. G

Farallon Mac Recorder Voice Digitizer MM120 (1990)

Complete system in original box with disk and manual. Doesn't look like it was ever used.
  14. G

Pocket MODM for MAC

Another mystery item. The box says Pocket MODM for MAC. There are no markings on the device itself. There are two audio connectors and M-M cables. There is a cable connector for the Macintosh. It might be ham radio related for packet radio. Closer inspection shows that the label on the box...
  15. G

Modular Link ML-100

I don't remember what these were for but the box says MAC PC LAN on the outside. Any offers or interest before they go to the recycling? There are 3 long cables with RJ-11 type connectors as well.
Back