• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by greyski

1. G

Tandy 6000 destroyed in shipping - keep it or refund?

I've been doing some research on different plastic and case repairs. I'm definitely down with the wire and melting as much as I can. I really worry though because the top of the CRT on the 6000 screws in to a plastic reinforced area and I don't think that's going to hold all that well. so I'm...
  2. G

welp, wanted to update everyone over here. Was about to email the seller and say "hey what about $200" when he issued me a full refund. Now time to attempt the superglue/plastic weld the front panel, or find a new one!
  3. G

It has the 8mhz board, I'm working with the seller now. I'll join the discord as well! Thanks everybody.
  4. G

that would be the one. don't forget 58.93 in tax! popped what was left of the lid. shockingly the crt is fine. missing half it's mounts but fine. I'm sending it back. thanks for the sanity check all!
  5. G

it was a little south of a grand... but for the rarity, it's not the end of the world. I have all the plastics in the box, I'm just digging in to see if there's any further damage. First I need a stiff drink and a dark room. :) Fixing plastics would prob be the only option. I never see the 16b...
  6. G

My first post with a tldr. Do I return it and keep searching? See how much checks out and go to town with PVC repairs? These machines are soo rare. I'm kinda torn and super bummed out. Lets say you'd been collecting the tandy machines... your last one was either a 16b or a 6000.... A 6000...
Back