• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Gribnitz

1. G

Magnavox MAX Station 286

Here is a picture of the board. I have a 80287 I can use, but it is missing the 2 BIOS chips right above the CPU.
  2. G

Magnavox MAX Station 286

I have a Magnavox MAX Station 286 that I picked up a long while ago and just now getting around to messing with it. It looks hardly used, so I was surprised to see it was missing U25, U26, & U27 on the motherboard. Does anyone have the board layout and what replacements I would need for these...
  3. G

Should I sell my extra Tandy EX RAM expansion board?

Does the board ever fail? I have 2 of these and if I don't need to keep it as a spare, I would rather use the money and get something else. I can't find any that have sold, so no idea if it is a $50 board, or $150 board.
  4. G

Commodore 128D keyboard issues

I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this problem. My keyboard was working fine on my 128D until right after I plugged in a FASTLOAD cartridge, then the keyboard stopped working. I unplugged the cartridge and it still is not responding. I get no response from any keystroke. Any ideas what...
  5. G

Commodore 1581 drive alignment?

Is there a way to check alignment on a 1581 3.5" disk drive? The drive was working. I tried to load a disk it did not like, and now it will not read a good disk. Any ideas from someone that has faced similar issues?
  6. G

Tandy External Disk Drive help

I have 3 Tandy external disk drives. I believe I could use these with my Tandy HX computer (one 3.5" and two 5.25"). I got these in a lot of other stuff and the cables were not included. They have a small plug next to the card edge where you would attach the cable. How did these hook up to...
  7. G

Commodore 64 Black & White only

My 64 breadbin is only showing a black & white screen. I have tried replacing the PLA and U19 with no effect. I tried adjusting the pot next to U19 as well with no effect. It plays game cartridges fine (but in black and white), but when I try to use my diagnostic cart (781220), the screen just...
  8. G

Mac G3 Bondi Blue Keyboard

I need to find a bondi blue keyboard and possibly mouse for Macintosh G3. Blue would be first choice, but could use any G3 Imac.
  9. G

1976 Dyna-Micro Single Board Computer

I have this Single Board computer I found at an estate sale listed on Ebay. I had no idea of the value, so started it at .99 cents. The board is marked Dyna-Micro, not E&L Instruments that bought the rights to distribute the computer. I see no Dyna-Micro boards for sale or sold from what I...
  10. G

Dyna-Micro Single Board Computers

I picked up 2 Dyna Micro single board computers at an estate sale. I had no idea what it was, or what function it served, only that it looked like an early computer. After doing some searching on the internets I found that this was the first single board computer. They obviously don't work...
  11. G

WHy are the Borderbund titles so hard to find?

Are Broderbund games harder to find, or is it just me? I am trying to collect boxed copies and only have a few so far.
  12. G

Expedition Amazon

Is Expedition Amazon by Penguin Software a rare title? I was going through some of my collection and came across this one and could not find much information on it. It was an early 1983 RPG title that evidently did not sell very well.
  13. G

Selling my rare Commodore 64 version of The Csomic Balance

I will be selling off some of my collection slowly over time. It is really hard to part with some of this stuff, but doc bills, work stress, and other factors are forcing my hand. This one is for The Cosmic Balance. The early 1982 release by SSI. The box isn't like new. It has some tape...
  14. G

TELECOMPAQ Computer

It works perfectly as far as the computer itself. Both drives and 10 MBB HDD work fine. Not much on the HDD but DOS 5.0 and a text adventure I installed. I don't have all the telecom equipment portion that goes with it, so no idea if the ports are functioning, but as well as the rest of it...
  15. G

TELECOMPAQ Computer

Thanks. That article helped a ton. Lots of info in there. No wonder it seems so rare. Compaq only sold it through telephone companies for configuration purposes. i already listed the computer. Not hard to find since it is the only one on Ebay. Here are couple pictures.
Back