• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by grog

1. G

Conversion of NeXT color video signal

First, apropos of the original topic: This may be just a sync-on-green issue. I found this thread on nextcomputers.org and one solution there was an inline DE-15 SOG module. It's possible this would be a less expensive solution than active, signal-modifying alternatives (e.g., OSSC), but after...
  2. G

The Epson Equity LT

I believe the Portable and LT are the same model (Q150A). My guess would be early models were called the Portable and then Epson adopted "LT" as the naming convention/prefix for its line of laptops. The left side plate is hiding a 3.5" drive bay that is either empty or occupied by a hard disk...
  3. G

...I guess that makes me wonder if there is a highly-capable analog-to-digital video adapter out there that can convert the NeXT video signal into something HDMI-safe and in turn be connected to an MDCIM dongle. That would probably solve the problem.
  4. G

Edui-Wan (and others in the fallen Raritan Order): All the gear I have is indeed not-over-IP "local" KVM switches, cables, and adapters. The monitor on the headend is a Sun X7136A 21" Sony Trinitron CRT which can handle almost any signal you can throw at it, including the NeXT color signals...
  5. G

Toshiba T3200SX: detaching power supply from display

I recently acquired a Toshiba T3200SX for a modest amount knowing it may be DOA. Unsurprisingly, the system did little more than make quiet, infrequent clicking noises when powered on. After a lot of awkward disassembly I was able to get inside the power supply and verify the DC lines are dead...
  6. G

Using the BeBox GeekPort

The BeBox was known for its GeekPort, second only to the Blinkenlights in terms of its famous trademark hardware features. However, has anyone ever made use of the port? I have found tables of the DC-37 port pinouts but beyond that documentation is scarce. Assuming this is something accessed...
  7. G

As limited space requires maximizing system-to-display ratio, I have several NeXT systems pushing their color video signals through passive VGA switches to capable multisync monitors. However, I would like to eliminate the VGA switches and be able to connect these display connections to Raritan...
  8. G

The Epson Equity LT

Hi, all. First post on VCFed. Recently added an Epson Equity LT to my collection. Bumping this thread with some answers and questions: 720 KB vs. 1.44 MB: I tried a couple of Gotek devices on my journey to running DOS. A 720 KB model with stock firmware didn't want to boot (despite trying...
Back