• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by IanB

1. IanB

Composite Video

Generally the only things you need to do to set up an RGBtoHDMI is use the "Select profile" menu to select the computer you are using and then run an auto calibration using either a long press of SW3 or the main menu option. After calibration you should press the Menu button to save the new...
  2. IanB

Composite Video

The analog version of the open source RGBtoHDMI project supports the C1P / Superboard and similar mono computers (I'm currently the maintainer of this project): I have previously used it with a Dell 2007FP although I mainly use HP 1600x1200 monitors https://github.com/hoglet67/RGBtoHDMI/wiki...
  3. IanB

Exidy Sorcerer with Liveport FDM 180

Thanks for that. It confirms that switching SW8 off for a Mark 1 Sorcerer like mine is correct and not an indication of a fault. Could you post the rest of the instructions if possible (photo or scan)
  4. IanB

I've been looking at your Sorcerer page and see you have a heavily modified machine including a colour graphics card but no information on the card: https://binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/Exidy/index.php I vaguely recalled some sort of colour graphics board and the Stuart name and after looking...
  5. IanB

Thanks for replying, that's good to know I managed to fix it: First I used isopropyl alcohol to dissolve as much of the existing grease as I could because it had become very thick and sticky and then I re-greased the latching mechanism and after manually rotating the mechanism a few times to...
  6. IanB

I acquired an Exidy Sorcerer with Liveport FDM 180 and several ROM PACs some time ago but it was DOA. Recently I found some time to look at it and managed to get it working after replacing 8 chips (one DRAM, four 2114 SRAMs, one TTL and two ROMS) plus one of the rectifier diodes failed while I...
  7. IanB

CGA (digital) to VGA/Component/HDMI

I measured it with a scope some time ago but I've made some further changes to the software since then so I measured it again as follows: I connected a HDMI to VGA converter onto the output of the Pi to give an analog output signal and connected a scope to that and a BBC micro source: I then...
  8. IanB

Interesting multiboot problem with Himem.sys

Recently I've been creating a complex multiboot system on my Toshiba T5200 plasma display portable using XTIDE Universal BIOS to provide the large drive support for an 8GB compact flash and Grub4DOS to provide an effectively unlimited number of boot partitions. This combination all seems to...
  9. IanB

XTIDE and Windows 95 issues

Previously I'd been using the 1.1.5 version of XTIDE but I have now built the latest 2.0 beta version and and that works with the Microhouse driver in windows 3.1 even if CMOS location 0x12 is 0 so only the Windows 95 driver needs the modified version of XTIDE. I've attached patched copies of...
Back