• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ielber

1. I

Enabling EGA on Win3.0 for 8086/8088 users.

hello, Any help about enabling EGA resolusion and colors with the 8086/8088 CPU without any upgrade to the V30 one, I just could install win3.0 in CGA 2 color mode. My computer is an Amstrad PC1640.
  2. I

Can I install Windows 3.0 on my Amstrad PC1640?

Hello, I have an Amstrad PC1640 with 8086/8088 CPU 640KB of memory 20MB HDD, when I try to install Windows 3.0 on it, it give that error message. Can you help please?
  3. I

Hello, what do you think about these caps please ?? Two pictures.

Hello, I trying to fix a vintage Pentium II note book, and I fond these capasitors like that.. Are they dead ??
  4. I

Hello, I saved this pII heavy rare notebook. And I got this erros. Please help.

yes it works with other machine..I found that there is some soldering in the mainboard
  5. I

And when pressing F1 I got this message
  6. I

thank you, yes I entred to system bios and the cmos battery is good, this is the system bios
  7. I

Hello, I just saved this rare Pentium II 266 laptop, and can't boot from all devices, it tells me this error messages. This is setup utility It's a Notebook computer model 8900m!! I think that floppy drive is well tested while system boots, it's a mechanical drive like the one in...
  8. I

Packard Bell easy one AMD K6/2 HDD location.

Hello, I saved this vintage laptop from Packard Bell, it's an AMD K6/2 400Mhz, when I try to do a clean install of windows 98, it says that I have a compressed hard drive and error copying .CAB files, so I managed to try an other hard drive but can't locate it, and could't find any manual on the...
  9. I

Boot problem on my MMX 233 system please help.

it can't pass to search for operating system, all drives are disconnected, only memory and keyboard and gfx, it hangs exactly in like this screen just before initializing IDE devices
  10. I

Boot problem on my MMX 233 system please help.

Hello, I just saved a Pentium MMX 233 system, and I found that the HDD is dead, I changed it by a 1.2Gb one, and when I try to switch the system on, it hangs while booting just after keyboard test, please help :( all jumpers are set correctly.
  11. I

opti 82c861 USB adapter driver please help.

Yes I just did it and it doesn't work with the opti card, then I decided to replace the card by a VIA usb2.0 one VT6212L, and installed the usbsupp files and then the drivers and finally it works, only it seems that I have to find drivers for every device I attache to a USB port hhhh
  12. I

opti 82c861 USB adapter driver please help.

Hello, I found a USB 1.1 adapter with the ship opti 82c861, I plugged it on my 486DX4 computer running Windows 95 OSR2, when I boot the system windows tells that it founds a PCI to USB card and ready to install it, but I could not find a working driver, I found a file named ntkern.vxd that I...
  13. I

Plz help 8.6Gb HDD on a 486DX4100????

Hello, I just got an old Seagate HHD with 8.6Gb capacity, the bios could recognize it as shown on the attached picture, but can’t partition it to primary DOS partition, fdisk stops at 0% verify disk integrity!!! Plz help. hadr drive is a Seagate Medalist 8420.
  14. I

This is my Tulip Computer 486DX4/100 after restoration 8-)

How do you find it??
Back