• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ISO8601

1. I

Toshiba Libretto 100CT with Dock

I bought a CT50 in a great shape a while ago. It was properly packaged but arrived cracked anyway. The plastic case is so brittle that you barely can open a lid without cracking something.
  2. I

DEC units on ebay

DEC VT01A vector display for $1500 https://www.ebay.com/itm/125964821056
  3. I

DEC units on ebay

Thanks guys for the tip and the links. I will inspect the capacitors accordingly. No more questions in this thread for now :)
  4. I

DEC units on ebay

Makes sense. I will create a new thread once I get the machine... Thanks!
  5. I

DEC units on ebay

Guys, one more tech question (or two)... did you get the capacitors recapped on your PDPs before the first plug in? Any particular location(s) to be served first?
  6. I

DEC units on ebay

Thanks Chris and Dave for the tips. It makes sense for me to arrange the local pickup during the VCF East event then, so I can tell to the border guard that I took my old computer stuff for the show...
  7. I

DEC units on ebay

Perfect. It seems you guys believe this is not a hardware issue. I will find the loopback connector and give it a try once I get the terminal at my disposal.
  8. I

DEC units on ebay

probably not on the current topic... Does anybody know how hard it would be for an experienced technician to fix the "VT05 does not pass the loop-back test from the communication port" issue?
  9. I

DEC units on ebay

Yes, I am going to pick it up myself to avoid any damage. BTW, I also save on the custom fees (~20%), though I still need to pass the border with the stuff in my car. You probably will hear more questions from me down the road since I am a software engineer with a little experience in...
  10. I

DEC units on ebay

The VT05 with the 11/05 goodies goes to London, Ontario. Hopefully I can get it up and running ultimately. The price was pretty high for me as well but as you guys mentioned, the seller's location is the most critical factor here. So I decided not to wait further this time.
Back