• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jgilroy

1. J

AT&T UNIX PC enthusiasts out there?

Unfortunately the RAM isn't socketed, and I definitely don't have it in me to desolder 72 chips. Been reading docs and haven't found anything about the panic message format. I'm not sure if the diagnostic disk Memory Test will test expansion RAM but that's probably the easiest next step. Card...
  2. J

While I await mouse-building parts, I've noticed I get kernel panics if my RAM card is installed (have tried all slots). Is it possible to use the info in the panic message to suss out which memory chip(s) is/are faulty?
  3. J

I am up and running with the MFM emulator. Forgot how long it takes to boot - we are really spoiled! Parts on the way for a PS/2 mouse conversion. Has anyone tackled the RTC battery? Looks like it might be welded in, but I didn't want to mess with it too much (and was focused on getting the...
  4. J

Are there build instructions / code available for your Pi Pico based adapter? I've got agentb's github repo for the arduino based adapter, and seen your pictures etc. but haven't found the details.
  5. J

Just checking in to say I've had a 7300 since the late '90s or very early 2000s. I remember being able to boot it a few times, but it only booted intermittently. Getting it working is my next project. I'll be ordering one of the MFM emulators from pdp8online, and I don't have a mouse so I'll...
  6. J

Fixing a VT100 power supply

You're right, these are just pass through, and I was able to cobble together a working solution from an ATX power supply and a Boost/Buck DC-DC converter for -23V. The 101 series will not work directly with this board because it doesn't use the card edge connector, instead uses a 12 pin header...
  7. J

Fixing a VT100 power supply

I'm a year early, but thanks. I have a VT131 with a giant dead transformer. Your git says this should work with a VT101 or VT102, but I don't see how because it looks like the 101 series (101, 102, 131) use the power supply card to pass some signals between the Video and Logic boards. Has any...
  8. J

seeking VT101 series parts (power transformer)

Thinking the 100 was the same got me in trouble! There's a VT100 series (100, 105, probably others) that uses one supply, and a VT101 series (101, 102, 131) that uses another.
  9. J

seeking VT101 series parts (power transformer)

Hi all, I've got a VT131 here with a dead power transformer (for starters) and hoping someone out there might have some parts they're willing to sell or trade. P/N from the service docs is 70-17148-00, the P/N I found in the machine is 16-17186-01 - I suspect anything out of a VT101, VT102, or...
  10. J

AT&T Dataspeed 4410 Terminal - switch mode PSU diagnosis & repair

I have an AT&T Dataspeed Terminal, and a couple of the power supplies that go with them. One of these power supplies works; the other (mostly) doesn't. (The one that doesn't work does put a raster on the screen, so it's feeding the high-voltage stuff on a separate board with at least some...
Back