• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jhorvath911

1. J

Looking for IBM PS/2 Ultimedia disks

A small update. I've been in conversation with one of the original IBM engineers who worked on the Ultimedia software. He sent a picture of the disks he still has...
  2. J

IBM 8514 Monitor issue

I think I figured it out with some trial and error. For the small wires: 5 black 4 blue 12 brown 11 red Of course now that everything is working it does appear I have the streaking due to bad caps so I’m going to have to figure out how to completely disassemble to get at the boards anyway.
  3. J

IBM 8514 Monitor issue

Thanks for replying, but that link is for the 5154 and doesn’t look like it would help me. I did find on your site a chart that shows common problems with the 8514 and which caps go bad.
  4. J

IBM 8514 Monitor issue

I’ve looked through the other posts about the 8514 in this forum along with hours on google and haven’t found an answer. I picked up a 8514 monitor with the cord cut off and am not having much luck throwing a new connector on it. Does anyone have the pin out for the cable? I’ve got my...
  5. J

Xircom pe3-10b2 failure

Hello, I recently picked up what looks like a new old stock pe3-10b2 that I am not having any luck with. I’ve tried it on multiple systems and the power light comes on with power, the light goes to green when I have a proper 10b2 cable connected (including termination) but when I run the...
  6. J

Eduquest 30 drive help

I found this interesting little blurb: “ Windows95 - (MS-DOS 7) Basically the same as DOS 4/5/6 but adds 2 new partition types - 0E and 0F - which will be seen as NON-DOS partitions by earlier DOS versions. Type 0E is used for a Primary partition if...
  7. J

Eduquest 30 drive help

I have tried the fdisk/mbr plenty of times with no changes in behavior. I’m trying to figure out if the fdisk on the 95 writes something different about the mbr compared to dos.
  8. J

Eduquest 30 drive help

So I’ve been working with my two eduquest 30s for a while now trying to get replacement hard drives working. I am well aware of the switching the dos in rom chip with a xt-ide bios, but I’m not trying to use large drives and would like to keep the original dos in rom there. I’ve been trying...
  9. J

For anyone else interested I found a second version of the restore cd and uploaded to the same link on the internet archive. It appears to be the original M57 version with os/2 2.0 LA, windows 3.0, dos 5.0 And of course it has its 2.88mb boot floppy image also.
  10. J

After some conversations with ArtiomWin I have now imaged all of the Ultimedia boot disks I have along with the cd. It has all been uploaded to the internet archive at: https://archive.org/details/ibm-ucd-111 I was able to do the complete restore with my cd and the beta version of boot disk...
  11. J

Well correction. The cd I have is newer it appears. It shows a cd name of u111 vs the image that’s u101. The boot disk for my u111 cd is a beta copy so I assumed it was older. Made a lot of progress today and it finally installed windows and dos from my restore cd but when it gets to installing...
  12. J

I apologize in advance for bringing back up an old thread, but just wanted to say I tried a handful of Ultimedia boot floppies I had and none of them are for the ucd101 iso that’s out there. I have what I believe is an older copy which does start the installation but fails on my machine. I...
  13. J

IBM PS/ValuePoint with IDE Zip

Thank you a change in software did the trick. I normally use the palmzip driver for my external parallel drives and was thinking it would work with the internal drive. Switched to the actual Iomega software and it detects the drive just fine for dos. As for the older model zip-100ide I have...
  14. J

IBM PS/ValuePoint with IDE Zip

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this one. I have an IBM PS/ValuePoint 433DX that I am trying to put an IDE zip 100 drive in. The system only has a single IDE connector on it, so I have my IDE>SD adapter as the primary device which is working fine on the system. I originally...
Back