• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jmdhuse

1. J

Set of DEC Micro pdp-11 diagnostic disks.

Update... I stripped down my 11/53 to just the CPU (KDJ11-D/S with 1.5MB), two 1MB memory modules, and the RQDX3 disk controller. I have no problem booting from the image, and the identification option indicates that it sees FPP capability. Running the test, however, brings no joy. After...
  2. J

When I get a chance I will try this image on my PDP-11/53...
  3. J

I thought I would download these and give them a spin on my PDP-11/53 - here's how it went (spoiler alert - it went well!) I'm using my GOTEK as the "floppy drive", so I needed to convert the .DSK files from logical to physical format, using a utility provided by forum member gslick called...
  4. J

VT100 Video Output Problem

Maybe some bad or broken bypass caps?
  5. J

Keyboard-less VT10x terminals

Once I get some feedback from a few people and I am sure the design is stable, I will be glad to share that information.
  6. J

I'd be happy to send you one... I'll need your mailing address. I will send you a direct message with my email address so you can reply to me... Jon.
  7. J

Transferring files using KERMIT

Hello All, I'm running RT-11XM V5.07 on a PDP-11/53 with 3.5MB of RAM. I have some files on a PC that I would like to get on to a PDP-11 disk... The only way I can think of doing it is using KERMIT. I found KERMIT.SAV on an RX33 floppy, but when I try to invoke it I get the following error...
  8. J

GOTEK, PDP-11, and MicroVAX2

Thanks for all this! Jon.
  9. J

Hmmm, the link takes me to a page about replacing the leader on a TK50 tape drive... Regarding simh... is there a MicroVAX2 model already built someplace?
  10. J

When I tried to boot one of the .img diagnostic files, I get the following error: "?43 FILESTRUCT, DUA1" However, the .DSK files you attached do boot - thanks! As I understand it, you would use ImageDisk to convert the .img file to a .IMD file, then use it again to convert the .IMD file to a...
  11. J

Hello All, I have a couple of systems that I am working with... one is a PDP-11/53 and the other is a MicroVAX2 (KA630 CPU), both in BA23 chassis. I have been experimenting with the GOTEK floppy emulator running the latest version of FlashFloppy, and I have it working fine as an RX33 with the...
  12. J

VT100 Video Output Problem

If you have a scope, trigger it on pin 12 (Dot Clk) and observe pin 17 (Video Out) to see if there is actually a bit stream being generated. You could also use your logic analyzer. Similarly, have a look at pin 19 (VSR Load) to see if the parallel data is being loaded into the shift register...
  13. J

OK - I have a couple near-final prototypes built. Is anyone out there willing to take one and try it out? It should interface to any PS/2 keyboard (I haven't tried it using a USB keyboard with a USB-to-PS/2 adapter), and I'll include the cord with the 1/4" plug. All I'm asking is that you...
  14. J

Yes, I'm sure there are many cheaper solutions... However, due to the clever signaling between keyboard and monitor, it made sense to me to replicate the DEC design and use the 6402 UART, which fixes part of the expense. If this were intended to go into high-volume production, cost would...
  15. J

I've ordered the (hopefully) final/production version of the PCB. It will take a couple of weeks to receive it and test it out. I'll keep you all posted on this thread.
Back