• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jwse30

1. J

Midwest Model 100 Software and/or Accessories

I'm looking for Model 100 software and hardware (though not really looking for any more 100s or 102s unless I need to buy a whole lot for items I am lacking). I am especially looking for non Radio Shack software and hardware for these machines. If you have something lying around, let me know...
  2. J

Midwest Misc For Sale TRS-80, Mac, Etc.

I'm trying to tidy up my computer room, and would like for this stuff to go. A few items I've tried to sell here before (can't figure out how to edit or delete prior posts?), and some are new to here. I'll send pics on request, but I'm guessing there's not enough interest to clog the page down...
  3. J

TRS-80 PC-2 (Sharp PC-1500) Pocket Computer Software Library (& request for more software) - Full PDF scans and digital WAVs

What a timely post for me. I recently bought a copy of Invasion, but it was for the tape only. I still don't know if it works, as I don't have a cassette interface for my PC-2 yet, and it looks like I have to buy a memory expansion now too. But if I ever get all that and the tape works, I am...
  4. J

New to T models

I replaced mine with the same NiCad barrels because I stumbled upon a pile of them for pretty cheap (I think i was $12 for 5 of them?) I assume the one I cut out of mine was factory original. That makes it about 40 years old. If this battery I put in it lasts half that long, it's not likely...
  5. J

TRS-80 Model 100 troubleshooting

When I get one of these (or a 102) with a bad screen, I usually start out by checking to see if BASIC works. Turn the machine on, press enter, and then BEEP, and enter again. If it beeps, then I look at screen troubleshooting. If it doesn't then I look into computer troubleshooting. I'm...
  6. J

New to T models

I am currently loading TS-DOS from my Backpack drive onto my NEC 8201a. The PDF on their website (https://github.com/Jeff-Birt/Backpack/blob/main/BPD+ Files/Documentation/Backpack+ Manual V13.pdf) tells how to do this. I'd say it works with the NEC :D Bootstrapping TS-DOS takes a bit of time...
  7. J

TRS 80 cassette recorder emulator idea

I use my old iphone 6 to store .wav and an occasional MP3 files for my CoCo, MC-10, and Model 100. Once the volume is figured out, it works fine, or at least as well as I remember cassettes working. I don't have a cassette interface for any of my pocket computers yet, so this may not to pertain...
  8. J

New to T models

The dial a ROM is a good product, but it is not a substitute for the REX. it is definitely cheap enough though :D. Another product to consider is the Backpack drive. It uses an SD card as a disk drive, and as an added bonus you can put the card into a modern PC, add the files you want, and then...
  9. J

Midwest Atari ST Magazine Disks For Sale/ Trade

I can't figure out to edit or remove this post, but the disks were donated to an Atari user group at VCF Midwest. I can't recall the name unfortunately. J White
  10. J

Midwest Atari ST Magazine Disks For Sale/ Trade

A few weeks ago I bought a lot of 3.5" disks form someone on here or Atariage. in the lot were 3 disks from ST Format and 9 from START. I looked and they all seem to be on Archive.org already, but if anyone would like these, let me know. I have no idea if they are readable, or if they have the...
  11. J

Midwest Tandy/ TRS-80 CoCo Rompaks For sale or Trade

Good morning, I've got a small box of software for the Tandy/ TRS-80 Color Computers. The RomPaks (cartridges) I've got are: Art Gallery Bustout Clowns and Balloons DoubleBack Color Baseball (2 copies) Color File Color Scripsit II Facemaker GFL Football II Amazing World of Malcom Mortar...
  12. J

Two quite different Model 100's

On the bottom of them, there is a memory switch. Make sure it is on, of the battery won’t charge, and the machine won’t do anything. I’ve never understood the purpose of that switch.
  13. J

The South Assorted Books, free just pay the cost of shipping.

I’ll take these if available please: two TRS-80 Disk and other Mysteries books TRS-80 Programming in Style TRS-80 Graphics TRS-80 programs 80 programs for TRS-80 TRS-80 Programs TRS-80 Programs and Applications for Color Computer TRS-80 Assembly Language Teach your TRS-80 to Program Itself...
  14. J

Model 100 backlight?

There used to be a company that advertised in Portable 100 that added a backlight to them. I've never seen one, and I would guess the company is long gone. I seem to recall a discussion about it not long ago (maybe on the Bitchin100 mail list?) and the consensus was that the polarizer film on...
  15. J

Tandy Model 20 (25-1641)

Going to guess that you have either a CGA monitor (if it is Tandy I would guess either a CM-5 or CM-11) or a monochrome monitor (such as a VM4 or VM-5 if Tandy) and the 14 pin monitor plug is an early VGA monitor port. The two aren't really compatible. Your easiert solution is to use a VGA...
Back