• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by karmann

1. K

IBM luggable P70 - help with broken screen hinge and a couple other Q's

I just bought a P70 yesterday and it has broken hinges as I was suspecting after reading up on them. @markgm can I please get a copy of the 3D print files for non-commercial use. Thanks
  2. K

Kaypro II Power Supply Ratings

Thank you. Yes I was amazed that when I actually got the new power supply in my hands it was actually pin compatible except for needing to cut the connector. I wasn’t going to cut it as I like to keep everythhing original but can still be used with the original power supply if I ever repair it...
  3. K

Thanks for that info VERAULT. The reason I was looking for a hard disk controller is that I was exploring connecting up a FreHD to my Kaypro II as I assumed you still needed a HD controller but I now know you don't. And as you appear to be all too aware (I saw your attempts on a couple of...
  4. K

Thanks for the tip. My Kaypro II Astec AA12350 power supply seems to have died after the main RIFA smoked and I replaced all 3 RIFA's. So I managed to find an MPT-120B locally in Australia very cheap on clearance after finding this thread so will go with that option. How did you end up reusing...
Back