• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by KC9KEP

1. K

One more time; Gotek hdx2001 .. Where am I failing here? Thanks! :-)

Larry .. I CANT BELIEVE IT! yes! This is a major screw-up! I didn’t even know this was possible to write at 300kbps on a 360K drive .. I rewrote the formatter and BIOS that was intended for an 8” drive (back in 1985 or so) to work on 5” media. It seemed to work, so I never researched it. I’m...
  2. K

Thank you greatly, Sir .. OK, I've placed the .hfe file on my USB stick. When I boot up the system, I momentarily see "HxC Floppy Emu v5.2.1.2a". Shortly after I see; "MBAS.HFE Choose a file" (Not sure how to "choose a file" .. I tried pushing buttons, but I don't think I accomplished...
  3. K

Great .. Let's see if this works. The file is "MBAS.IMD" that I have zipped.
  4. K

Larry, I do have Dave Dunfield's Image Disk program. It creates *.IMD files. Is that what you could use to create an .hfe file? Can I attach a *.IMD file to a message to you on this forum? Should I use a boot floppy with system tracks AND files or just system tracks? Thanks!
  5. K

The only file on the stick is the *.upd firmware. I do not know if this should be visible on the OLED display or not? 😬
  6. K

Well, the OLED says there are no files on the USB stick in GoTEK drive .. which I’d expect, because CP/M can’t access it 😡
  7. K

Hello! I appreciate the responses that everyone has given me .. but I wonder if I'm doing something proceduraly wrong here .. I am now flummoxed, gobsmacked and perplexed :-( Could someone who is familiar with the “Gotek hdx2001” please review my procedure and tell me if my assumptions are...
  8. K

CP/M and Goteck

I'm floundering here .. What is an "HFE" file and how do I create it? Thanks again! :-)
  9. K

CP/M and Goteck

Is anyone familiar with this utility and how to use it? https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/ Thanks again! :-)
  10. K

CP/M and Goteck

Hello… I am interested in replacing my 5.25 inch drive with a Gotek. A possible issue is it the first two tracks are in single density and the remaining tracks are in double density. Has anybody handled this scenario? Thanks. PS: I am using the HDX 2001 software.
  11. K

"Technical Solutions" EPROM emulator asisstance? :-)

Hello, In my continuing quest to bring my 1980's computer equipment back to life, I'd like to employ my "Technical Solutions" EPROM emulator. I really liked how simply it worked .. You'd plug the emulator into your EPROM socket of your target board, and run a RJ-11 cable from the emulator to an...
  12. K

Help with ISA video card and Windows 95 on 486 machine? Thanks! :-)

Hello all, I'm sure there's a wizard on this forum that can help me out here … I'm bringing one of my ancient PC's back to life. Pretty simple: 486 processor, Dell LED monitor, Windows 95, and some sort of ISA Trident video card that I found on eBay. All was operational except the windows icons...
  13. K

Is anyone using wirewrapping for fabricating projects?

I still wirewrap my projects, but wirewrap supplies are getting scarcer. Can anyone recommend a source for sockets? Jameco has them, but they are quite expensive now! eBay ain't much better. And did anyone use "Wrap-ID's"? I loved those little plastic labels. They made wiring much easier...
  14. K

Do you use wirerapping for fabrication?

I still wirewrap my projects, but wirewrap supplies are getting scarcer. Can anyone recommend a source for sockets? Jameco has them, but they are quite expensive now! eBay ain't much better. And did anyone use "Wrap-ID's"? I loved those little plastic labels. They made wiring much easier...
  15. K

Support files for Ciarcia's DDT - 8031 from Aug/Sep Byte magazine anyone? Thanks!

Hello! For one of my Covid isolation projects, I've dug out my old Dynamic Debugging Tool (DDT) for 8031 microcontrollers. It was a Ciarcia feature article in 1988 Aug/Sept Byte magazine. It was a great learning tool and really worked well! I'd like to see if I can get it up and running again...
Back