• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by kenwickvs

1. K

DEC the Halls with Old Time Hardware!

All I want for Christmas is a PDP-11/93! Merry Christmas, all!:xmas: -Ken
  2. K

FPJ11 Technical Documentation Needed if Possible

Hello DECheads, Perhaps my google'ing skills are lacking, but I can't seem to come up with any design worthy documentation for the FPJ11, the floating point chip companion to the DCJ11. For most, it's just a socket on the CPU board that you plug the part into and I understand. The best so far...
  3. K

Qbus Interface Design Collaboration

Hello again DECheads, I've noticed what seems to be an increasing interest in prototyping hardware for the Qbus. I, for one, am tinkering on a Qbus processor board as is Peter (cbscpe on VCFED). There's also a recent VCFED post by w3llschmidt indicating a need for Qbus design templates. I'm...
  4. K

DC319 in VHDL - any interest?

Hi DEC Forum Folks, As a part of my earlier posted "World's Fastest Real DCJ11" project I recently realized that I needed a few DL software compatible serial ports, so I re-investigated the once prolific DC319 that I designed into numerous products way back when. Although I have a few dusty...
  5. K

Paint Codes for DEC Cabinets

Hello, y'all, Does anyone have an idea of what the color codes are that DEC used for the PDP? I have an old 11/23 front panel and would like to repaint it for a project. Or, has anyone found a close match in a commercial paint? -Ken
  6. K

"A Walk Through The Mill" - In case you've never been there.

Hello All DEC Heads (Sounds a bit off, but I'll employ creative license), It's been a while since I've had time to post here, but I do follow along when I can. One of my supervised "job jar" activities today was cleaning out a bin with many boxes of my past business documents. There, I came...
  7. K

The World's Fastest Real PDP-11

Hello everyone in DECland, My wife says I'm crazy on a regular basis, but I need my papers to prove it. So, simply put, I'd like to build it. Yes, the world's fastest PDP-11. I'm not talking about emulators, I'm talking about a DCJ-11 clocking along at 20+ megahertz! How fast can it go? How...
  8. K

The rtVAX300 - an obscure and mysterious DEC embedded processor

VME and the rtVAX300 VME and the rtVAX300 Of the DEC Partners attending the 1990 presentation and workshop on the rtVAX300, several, including myself were keen to develop a VMEbus rtVAX board since VME was targeting high performance real-time applications. Unfortunately for the rest of us, DEC...
  9. K

The rtVAX300 - an obscure and mysterious DEC embedded processor

In my recent thread "Vintage Custom DCJ-11 based Single Board Computer" I alluded to designing with a microVAX at one point in my circuit design history. The DEC product I was referencing was an rtVAX300. Anyone ever heard of it? Probably very few folks that do. Well, sometime in the early '90's...
  10. K

Vintage Custom DCJ-11 based Single Board Computer

Hello to all that are unselfishly keeping DEC vintage iron alive. I salute you. I'm a retired hardware engineer that designed a number of single board computers beginning in the '80s based on the DCJ11 and later the microVAX and then the Alpha 21164. I guess I'm getting nostalgic (or worse), but...
Back