• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by keropi

1. K

How to use the "IBM Aptiva Multimedia Exploration CD" to restore an Aptiva system?

How to use the "IBM Aptiva Multimedia Exploration CD" to restore an Aptiva system? Hello! I recently acquired an excellent condition IBM APTIVA 4144-120 boxed system - it is a CX5x86/100 system with an onboard CL5430 and an OEM SB16 card. Previous user had installed win95 on it but ofcourse...
  2. K

VLSI 82C840 486 chipset: anyone seen a working UMB driver?

Hiya! Yesterday I received a nice IBM PS/1 486 tower , model 2168-552. This system uses the VLSI 82C480 chipset (datasheet download) : supposedly "The Last Byte" supports it and have it on it's list but auto-detection fails and if forced to use it the system freezes. I can see the UMB area...
  3. K

WTB Amstrad PC7486SLC-33 motherboard or complete unit

Hello! I am looking for an Amstrad PC7486SLC-33 , either the motherboard or a complete unit. If anyone has something to sell please PM me, thanks! :)
  4. K

CT-1350B JP12 "FM" , what does it actually do?

Hello! on SB2.0 cards there are 2 jumpers called JP12-FM and JP13-VOICE : What do they actually do? Does JP12 for example disables the onboard OPL2 completely or it remains active on the bus but the SB MCU ignores it or something? I assume the same would apply to JP13, does it disable the SB...
  5. K

Help identifying a 386sx33 ISA SBC card

Hello! I am trying to identify the following 386sx33 ISA SBC in hopes that I will find out what the jumpers do on it :confused: Sadly AFAIR MR-BIOS does not have a string for the manufacturer, here is what the system summary is: There is a logo right of the ISA connector and there is...
  6. K

How about a MR-BIOS ROM file repository?

Taking inspiration from CarlosTex's thread on VOGONS I am also posting this here in hope that more MR-BIOS images can be gathered :cool: According to the 04-OCT-2001 archived MR-BIOS Chipset Support page there are BIOSes for the following chipsets: I have added all I could find in my...
  7. K

Generic VLB WD90C33 vga jumper settings

Hiya! For quite some time I have a Paradise WD90C33-ZZ VLB vga in my collection that I am using when testing VLB systems . It works fine but there are several jumpers on board that I have no idea what they do - maybe they are important and maybe the card can be faster or something :p I...
  8. K

Hyundai Super-286E : how to enter BIOS?

Hiya! I repaired a friend's Hyundai Super-286E pc but upon boot it complains about drives mismatch and that I should enter SETUP. How on earth do you enter the BIOS settings on this on? I also need to configure a replacement HDD and it won't be possible otherwise... any ideas/help? Thanks in...
  9. K

ST351A/X XT mode jumper settings

Hiya! I have an old ST351A/X HDD and I think it's a perfect match to finally test this JUKO 8BIT IDE controller: So I found on Seagate's FTP the drive's jumper settings: http://computermuseum.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pcdisk/h/ASCII/4252.TXT I can't really understand it, must be getting...
  10. K

Quadram MS1422 monitor , is there any info out there?

Hiya! anybody here has any info on this Quadram MS1422 multisync monitor? Judging from the analog/ttl switch and the general setup of the input area at the back I am guessing it's an EIZO/NANAO rebranded monitor: Is my assumption true? Most importantly is there a somewhere info...
  11. K

ATI EGA Wonder 800 : looking for driver/utility disk

Hiya! I am searching for the driver/utility disk for the "ATI EGA Wonder 800" card , anyone happens to have it or a place to download it? I only found references of a SMS.COM application that sets the card's various display modes but I wasn't able to locate a download. Any help/tips will be...
  12. K

Wanted BIOS for CHIPS EGA card: " Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01 "

Wanted BIOS for CHIPS EGA card: " Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01 " Hiya! I am looking for a rom image for the CHIPS P82435 EGA card with the string "Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01" Does anyone by any chance has a card with it and can dump it? TIA for any...
  13. K

Is there a win3x EGA driver that supports more than 640x350 resolution?

Hiya! I've been messing with win3.1 and an EGA card: I've got two 256kb EGA cards: one with a CHIPS P82C435 controller and the other with a Paradise PEGA2A . To my understanding both can produce resolutions higher than 640x350 , I have found the P82C435 datasheet and it states in the...
  14. K

Keen 4-5-6 choppy scrolling on Paradise EGA card

... chapter IXIMXCC of the EGA saga :p I noticed that Commander Keen 4,5 and 6 games are plagued with scrolling issues, have a look at this video: I tried the "Fix Jerky Motion" option but it did not help. Keen Dreams, Keen 1~3 and Biomenace games are fine though. My EGA card uses the...
  15. K

Paradise PEGA2 EGA card driver/utilities download?

Hello, is there a place to get the Paradise PEGA2 drivers/utilities? My card uses the PEGA2A chipset: I grabbed the PEGA.ZIP file from here: http://www.oldskool.org/guides/oldonnew/resources but only text mode "resolution" change utilities work - PEGA.EXE just crashes and I assume it is...
Back