• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Krille

1. K

Need some help from 6809 programmers at byte level

I see. Thanks for the explanation!
  2. K

Getting XT-CF-Lite/XT-IDE working

@wrljet: I would like to investigate why these old drives are not detected by XUB. Do you know if they respond to the IDENTIFY DEVICE command? It would be interesting to see the response if they do.
  3. K

They are detected by other BIOSes? Or put another way, they are known to work? Do they work with XUB if you enter the CHS values in XTIDECFG?
  4. K

Enta 486SX / Award V3.20-E Laptop won't work with any IDE drive....

It will probably be a challenge as this is a laptop but you might want to look into installing XTIDE Universal BIOS.
  5. K

Universal BIOS on 386 system not booting to CF card or HDD

Thank you! I'm glad you got it working!
  6. K

Universal BIOS on 386 system not booting to CF card or HDD

You configured the XUB and saved it to file first, then you concatenated four copies of that configured file, right? :) BTW, I can't see the images. But the 'j' appearing means that you need to wipe the drive and redo the partition/format/install dance. You also need to set the drives to None...
  7. K

Tell me more about the configuration. Both cards are known working, each on their own, in that same computer? What kind of computer is it? Which version and build of XUB? What are the settings as configured by jumpers/switches for each card? If there are no conflicts they should both be...
  8. K

Yes. Just make sure there's no I/O-address conflict.
  9. K

Compact Flash adapter

I think you're conflating two different issues. DOS doesn't care whether the boot drive is fixed or removable. More modern operating systems do, however. Using tools to rewrite stuff on the CF card (specifically the MBR) removes code that is incompatible with 8088/8086 CPUs. (Which is a very...
  10. K

Classic 8X Plain IDE CD-ROM Drives

Please don't post anything that ChatGPT (or other AI's) vomits out, not even for fun. The factual errors will propagate and turn into gospel. It's bad enough when actual people post incorrect info, we don't need AI to add to that. It's especially bad since a lot of people for some reason tend to...
  11. K

Compact Flash adapter

You should try the other one as well. There's no quality control on these very cheaply made CF adapters. The one you tried might have a short somewhere due to a mistake in soldering and the other could work just fine. That said, the BIOS in your machine is the most likely reason for it not...
  12. K

Compact Flash adapter

Yes, those will work. Here's an example of mine;
  13. K

XTIDE on 3Com Etherlink II card, anyone have this working?

Yeah, this problem was fixed a long time ago. Any build that is 8 KB (official or custom) includes the fix so if you're still having problems then it must be something else.
  14. K

Need help—IBM 5162 can't boot from the XT-CF card!

All of the official builds can handle drives up to 8 GB. In fact, with the exception of the Tiny build, they all support LBA48 which means that you can use drives of any size. You don't need a programmer to upgrade the BIOS. Just follow the instructions modem7 linked to.
Back